Thread: friday night lights

MLB ERA

friday night lights

anyone watch this show? if it doesn't make it on NBC i think it would make an excellent USA show. i just watched the pilot on USA and loved it. i don't really enjoy HS football as much as some other people do, but if you ever want to know how serious these texas towns take their HS football, watch this show.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Astros and a Beer AstrosAnonymous's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Trust me, we do, and it is annoying as ****. Everything is based around football, they don't give a shit about academics. The biggest thing to hit my town was when our team won state in 3A Football in 2002, and they still havn't let it go. Then regaurding the movie 'Friday Night Lights', it wasn't a bad movie, but last year in my Senior English class, the guy Jarod Mcdougal from the book came to talk to our class about the book and movie, he spent the entire time *****ing about how he didn't make the movie, because it would have been the only thing he would have accomplished in life, now he works my small hometown mixing concrete.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I also think it is disturbing how obsessed some small towns are with their HS football programs. I mean, it does nothing but breed dysfunction based on very unhealthy attitudes from all involved, especially the adults who are not positive role models for their youth.

I didn't see the movie but I did watch the TV debut. It was decent quality wise and I'll probably watch it again.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Astros and a Beer AstrosAnonymous's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    I also think it is disturbing how obsessed some small towns are with their HS football programs. I mean, it does nothing but breed dysfunction based on very unhealthy attitudes from all involved, especially the adults who are not positive role models for their youth.

I didn't see the movie but I did watch the TV debut. It was decent quality wise and I'll probably watch it again.
    Whats worse is the effect it has on the athletes. They feel like they are the top of the world, then they end up amounting to nothing in life, and it causes alot of stress.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'm sure you are right. It probably robs them of having reasonable and clear goals for life, not to mention the possibilities of roid or other drug abuse.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    TV show has TRASH.

OC meets SportsCenter.

Ugh.