Thread: ER Jr. tops CSI in ratings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ER Jr. tops CSI in ratings

Grey's Anatomy Beats CSI in Ratings
    Source: The Associated Press
    September 22, 2006

ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" beat CBS'"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," for years TV's most popular drama and leader of its own franchise, in their first competition.

"Grey's Anatomy" had 25.4 million viewers for its season premiere, compared to 22.6 million for "CSI" in the same 9 p.m. time slot, according to Nielsen Media Research. That's a sharp drop from last year, when more than 29 million people tuned in to the "CSI" season premiere.

It was ABC's best Thursday night with entertainment programming since May 2000, the network said.

There were mixed results for all the networks throughout the night. NBC's venerable "ER" came back to win its 10 p.m. time slot with 15.6 million viewers, no small feat considering both CBS (owned by CBS Corp. (CBS)) and ABC premiered new dramas with powerful lead-ins then.

CBS' lawyer drama "Shark" was second with 14.7 million while the ABC drama "Six Degrees" had 12.6 million. In both cases, particularly "Six Degrees," there was a large drop in viewers during the second half-hour.

CBS, meanwhile, was pleasantly surprised that "Survivor: Cook Island," with 17.4 million, held up against strong competition. ABC ran a clip show of "Grey's Anatomy" in that time slot that drew 13.7 million viewers.
    Bruckheimer still owns the world's soul, though.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    I don't watch any of those shows. lol

MLB ERA
    that first CSI was wierd too, i missed like what happened to that one chick, i know she got raped but by who?
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Rookie ERA
    i know, i think it was the bartender though, cause they show some pictures in the room and they looked like the bartender. I so mad I forgot that grey's anatomy was on!!!! the whole time I was watching CSI i was like "how come I didn't watch this last year" then it dawned on me later

http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/2...tupusig7jd.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr. Career Home Runs: 562

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Eh, I figure CSI will be back on top next week. Grey's really does nothing for me at all.

hmm... I don't like Grey's Anatomy either. I liked one of the beginning episodes like last year, but that was all.. I missed a couple episodes then never tried to watch it again. Although, it is constantly being picked up by my tivo, which I quickly erase.
    I don't watch CSI anymore, I used to like it.. but, i have watched way too many of them and it has just got boring. Same thing with Law and Order, Without a Trace, Crossing Jordan, that police show that slips my mind... They all get boring. House was teetering on getting boring, but I have liked the new episodes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ratings were just about even for both shows in week 2.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.