Thread: Yo, Kentucky..

MLB ERA

Yo, Kentucky..

R.I.P. to those passengers that died.

MLB ERA
    ATC's fault on this accident. Put the plane in the wrong runway.

Were snakes involved?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    It was definately a sad day. Lexington where the airport was located is only about 40 minutes away from where I live. So it sent shockwaves through the area, I'm just thankful no one I knew was on the plane. But, my condolences go out to the families that did lose loved ones.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

AA ERA
    Were snakes involved?
    Very appropriate...
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    ATC's fault on this accident. Put the plane in the wrong runway.
    They are partially to blame, but the whole system that is in place for a plane taking off is a multi-check system. So many things had to go wrong for this to happen.
    • ATC put them on the wrong runway
    • ATC had the lights on, on a runway that should NOT have had them on
    • Pilots should also have known better
    • Pilot checks obviously also failed. They have at least 2 things to tell them what their bearing/heading is and both should have flagged that they were NOT facing the right way.
    there's more, but those are some main points. Flat out blaming only ATC is incorrect.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    They are partially to blame, but the whole system that is in place for a plane taking off is a multi-check system. So many things had to go wrong for this to happen.
    • ATC put them on the wrong runway
    • ATC had the lights on, on a runway that should NOT have had them on
    • Pilots should also have known better
    • Pilot checks obviously also failed. They have at least 2 things to tell them what their bearing/heading is and both should have flagged that they were NOT facing the right way.
    there's more, but those are some main points. Flat out blaming only ATC is incorrect.
    I stand corrected.

MLB ERA
    Anyone who doesn't post in this thread is going to hell.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure the folks at Kentucky during this time would appreciate your shoutout "Yo, Kentucky."

MLB ERA
    What a tragedy.

I think I heard one of the ambulances headed toward the scene around 6:30 a.m. or so when I woke up for a few minutes for whatever reason. Little did I know the reason at the time.

A former UK baseball player and one of the current administrators here at UK were among the victims and everyone around here is still a bit shaken up over the whole incident.

The one survivor is still at the UK Medical Center(just down the road from where I am...I can practically see it from here) in critical condition and they say one of his legs might have to be amputated. He also has a lot of broken bones and is still in a coma. He was also the one who was piloting the plane at the time of the crash, so if he does survive, he will have to live with the idea that he "caused" so many deaths.

Most of the victims are from Lexington, but there are some from other parts of KY and even a few from Cincy. In fact, the pilot was from Burlington, KY, which is about ten minutes from my house. The flight attendant also lived in the area and had a house about ten minutes from mine.

Very sad all the way around.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    One of the people that died on the plane was a former college teammate and good friend of SP Brandon Webb of the Diamondbacks. To make it even worse his friend had just gotten married and he and his wife were on their way to their honeymoon.

MLB ERA
    I thought I heard that the sole survivor was actually the Co-pilot. Is this true?

MLB ERA
    Yeah it's true...see my above post. He was the one piloting the plane during takeoff.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.