Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: The grinds my gears thread

MLB ERA

Re: The grinds my gears thread

Youtube not letting you pre-load a video by keeping it on pause. Now if you don't have a strong internet connection you're pretty much screwed.

And if you rewind the video it has to load again.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

News sensationalism.

If Bryan Stow wasn't a paramedic and father of two, the story would be nothing more than a shit-talking Giants fan with a head ouchie.

Report: Los Angeles police detain suspect in the MLB fan beating case - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN
    Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic from Santa Cruz, was knocked to the ground and repeatedly kicked in the head during the unprovoked attack in the Dodgers Stadium parking lot.

The father of two, who suffered brain damage in the assault, was flown to San Francisco General Hospital on Monday to be closer to his home and his parents, Ann and David Stow.
    'Scared' Bryan Stow back in the hospital to treat blood clot - latimes.com
    Stow’s family has been providing updates on his condition in the months after he was assaulted on opening day of the 2011 baseball season. Stow, a former paramedic and a father of two, suffered serious head trauma when he was attacked in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium after the game between the Dodgers and Giants.
    Beaten Giants fan Bryan Stow speaks in first interview - latimes.com
    "That's good," says the former paramedic, a father of two. The interview took place at a San Jose-area rehabilitation facility.

MLB ERA

People at the grocery store who park their cart in the middle of the asile and stand alongside it looking at stuff on the shelf on the opposite side, blocking the entire asile.

Then they look confused as people try to pass them.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

See, I just move their shit now. And if they give me crap for it I tell them don't be a moron and leave your cart in the middle of the isle.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA

Why do hotels always put the bathroom light switch outside of the bathroom?

In fact, the entire light switch arrangement is typically screwy, but that's always the worst.

ever see drunk people try to find a light switch in a dark room?

MLB ERA

Ive been one of those lol

MLB ERA

But even drunk people are used to the bathroom light switch being right next to the door where it is in every non-hotel bathroom known to man.

Aye, but where they think it is and where it would actually would be if they were sober are also two different things. Maybe outside the room is drunk person's next to the door?

MLB ERA

You're stretching, lol. Drunk people are more apt to go for what they're used to. If anything the switch outside would throw him off.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

People that post everything about them / other people online and post stupid shit / photo-shop stupid shit (instagram, ask.fm, etc). Who cares? Get a life.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Having to rewind VHS tapes! Why cant they make a video medium where I can chose where I want to start and stop my movie!

And on the same topic, How come when I play the same New Kids on the Block song over and over my cassette wears out!

Also! Why do I have to be attached by a cord to talk to my friends on the telephone?

Finally, why can't they figure out how to have an ink holding receptacle for my quill? The ink dries too quickly and I am tired of dipping only to have those dang drops of ink on my desk!

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    Having to rewind VHS tapes! Why cant they make a video medium where I can chose where I want to start and stop my movie!

And on the same topic, How come when I play the same New Kids on the Block song over and over my cassette wears out!

Also! Why do I have to be attached by a cord to talk to my friends on the telephone?

Finally, why can't they figure out how to have an ink holding receptacle for my quill? The ink dries too quickly and I am tired of dipping only to have those dang drops of ink on my desk!
    #HistoricWhiteWhine

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Is that supposed to be referring to what I said? I wasn't complaining about technology; more about the way some people use/abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    You're stretching, lol. Drunk people are more apt to go for what they're used to. If anything the switch outside would throw him off.
    I was being completely facetious...

Though outside of the light switch discussion, I get they go for what they're used to. I was just positing things just often aren't where they think they are, a problem with their perception. My Mom thought the bed was often halfway across the room from where it actually was, so we'd find her on the floor a lot.

The facetious part of the post being that I don't think there's any way it's A) universally spaced, B) the hotel thinks about it, or C) the hotel cares. I'd love to know why they do it though.

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast