Thread: So much for improved airline security

MLB ERA

So much for improved airline security

If this kid can sneak into a plane, it just makes you nervous

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060816/...n_boy_on_board

A 12-year-old boy managed to get around stepped up security and board a jetliner at an airport outside London without a passport or a boarding pass.

The boy was discovered by cabin crew and turned over to airport police. Officials said they could not explain how he got aboard the plane, especially in light of security checks imposed last week after authorities foiled an alleged plot to bomb jetliners leaving Britain.

The youngster, who was not named because of his age, left a children's home near Liverpool and began the 245-mile journey Monday by taking a train to London and then going to Gatwick airport outside the city, said Phil Green, spokesman for the Wigan town council, which oversees the boy's care.

MLB ERA
    That's just pathic.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Wonder how long it took him to go 250 miles from home to the airport.

Also, I wonder wtf was he thinking? Was he running away from home or was he lost or is he just stupid?

Also, how does a kid get onto a plane without anyone noticing until after he's already on board?! Good thing he wasn't working with the terrorists, he could have walked on with a tube of toothpaste and some nail polish and handed them over to the bad guys.

Sad.