MLB ERA

Classic.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    50 got rich and stopped tryin.

^^^So true. Can I borrow that one?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I don't really understand it, in my opinion, 50 never had lyrical talent, but to me, lyrics barely mean anything. If the song has an excellent flow (Hate It or Love It) and a really nice beat (Piggy Bank), it's gold. I was pretty disappointed with GRODT, the only songs I really liked were Many Men, Patiently Waiting, Back Down and Blood Hound. With the Massacre, I like every song except Candy Shop.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Just A Little Bit has a good flow but his lyrics are haphazard at best now.

Pac- Im a lyrical guy. The Nas's, Talib Kweli's, Common's. so it tough for me to like 50 right now. GRODT was a lot better than The Massacre cause he actually tried.

General- You can go right ahead. Awfeul has it in his sig lol
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    I don't need to be blown away by deep metaphors in lyrics, but at least show me some sick flow, or something. Jeez man.

I'm not going to try and diss 50 Cent too much, I don't really know a whole lot about him and other than a song or two, I don't really know his stuff because I never really cared. 50 has been around for a long time, but never blew up until he hooked up with Eminem and Dre. He made somewhat of a name on dissing other rappers years ago on "How To Rob", so why should he change now?

MLB ERA

Want some REAL music!?

You guys wanna get some good music....

Here's a list for ya:
    • Led Zeppelin - II
    • Beatles - Abbey Road
    • Eagles - The Long Run
    • Metallica - Ride The Lightning
    • AC/DC - Back in Black
    Nothing that is coming out now could/can compare with any of this stuff.

I almost bought "Ride The Lightening" a while back. I liked "Kill Em All" and "And Justice For All" better, but that was definetely a good one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    You guys wanna get some good music....

Here's a list for ya:
    • Led Zeppelin - II
    • Beatles - Abbey Road
    • Eagles - The Long Run
    • Metallica - Ride The Lightning
    • AC/DC - Back in Black
    Nothing that is coming out now could/can compare with any of this stuff.
    Actually there is some good stuff comin out.

Porcupine Tree's new CD. One of the best bands out right now, You probably haven't heard about them. Infact most people haven't. Steven Wilson (Singer and Guitarist for the band) Is a musical genious. And one of the best producers out there. He helps produce with Opeth, and Mikeal A. (i'm not going to attempt to spell the last name) Is helping out with his new album.

Porcupine Tree, is, imo, a proggresive-alt band. Or space prog. Do yourself a favor and download some of there songs

Recomendations:

Strip the Soul
    Trains
    Blackest Eyes
    Wedding Nails

Pretty much the entire "In Absentia" CD is stunning.

Steven Wilsons other side project is Blackfield, him and some other guy make some very cool shorter songs (4 or so minutes)

Download "Open Mind" it has one of the coolest riffs during the chorus.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    I almost bought "Ride The Lightening" a while back. I liked "Kill Em All" and "And Justice For All" better, but that was definetely a good one as well.
    Actually most of those albums wouldn't be considered the best album by their respective bands (by most people) other than maybe Back in Black, which is why I chose the ones I did.

For me, Metallica's best album and quite possibly the best overall heavy metal album of all time could be ... And Justice For All. Personally, I think that Ride The Lightning is a better album than Kill 'Em All. Not a bad song on RTL. Not one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Actually most of those albums wouldn't be considered the best album by their respective bands (by most people) other than maybe Back in Black, which is why I chose the ones I did.

For me, Metallica's best album and quite possibly the best overall heavy metal album of all time could be ... And Justice For All. Personally, I think that Ride The Lightning is a better album than Kill 'Em All. Not a bad song on RTL. Not one!

"And Justice For All" is no doubt my favorite Metallica album. That thing rocks from start to finish. I plan on buying the first five Metallica albums and that'll be it. I'm not into anything Load and after.

MLB ERA
    Well, I've been a fan of Metallica since before the first time I saw them live (back in 1984 as an opening act in a bar.... 1st Avenue (the same bar that was the central stage in Prince's movie Purple Rain)). And I know some Metallica "purists" claim that anything and everything they did in the 90's including the black album is nothing but pure crap. I say BS. The Black Album is a solid album, it's just not Master of Puppets or AJFA. Load, actually has some really good tunes on it but also some crap. Re-load is far far worse.

I've got every album they ever did and all have good stuff, even Reload and the symphony crap. Well, except for St Anger. Not one good song on that album. What a turd.

Want a comparison on Load to the previous albums? Think of this. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here was poorly received for quite a while due to the fact that people were expecting Dark Side of the Moon Part Two (DSOTM was it's predicessor). For you youngin's, if you listen to Floyd, you can probably appreciate how good of an album WYWH actually is and long time Floyd fans do as well, but when it came out, it wasn't what everyone was expected. Load could be looked at in the same manner (although WYWH is a top 10 album of the 70s and Load isn't top 100 of the 90s). But same general idea. It was poorly received because of the success of the Black album and it was nothing like the Black Album (or any of it's predicessors).

Ok, I'm rambling... signing off now.

No comments on my post abotu porcupine tree

MLB ERA
    I have to check them out before I can comment. :p

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast