Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Own Baseball Games

MLB ERA

Your Own Baseball Games

Well since I play baseball, I thought I'd start up this thread where I talk about my performances. I'm a P/UTIL, but I mostly play the OF.

Anyway, my season stats so far: 4 1/3 IP, 0.00 ERA, 4 K's, 3 Walks , 1 hit.

I'm a closer, and according to my catcher, I top out at low 80's.

Anyway, as a hitter: 0-3, 4 BB's, 0 SBs, 0 R's.

In RF I have 2 assists, 0 Errors, and a ton of Putouts.

And at 1B I had somewhere in the neighberhood of 6 Putouts.

Anyone else playing this summer?

MLB ERA
    I play bench warmer and nobody keeps that bench warmer than I do!
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    I have some kids on my team who never play...they're starting to get annoying.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well, I played a little in college. I got red shirted my freshman year, which means you do everything the team does except play in games and travel with the team. I quit during my sophomore year because it was too time consuming and I wasn't getting any tuition help from them. I was getting money from the school and I had to work part-time on top of that. They asked me to come back in the spring, but I didn't for the same reasons. Oh yea, I was a left-handed pitcher.

In 2004 I decided I wanted to play again and joined an amateur league. Before we even played any games I hurt my shoulder (though I didn't know what exactly at the time and didn't have medical INS to get it checked out). I wasn't in pain all the time and thought it was just normal soreness so I played through it that year not pitching when it hurt the most. I don't remember any of the stats or anything because it was a new team and we were horrible. I was the only player on the team with anything beyond high school experience.

All that winter I did strengthening exercises for my shoulder and thought it was healed. It turned out it felt the same eventually as it did the season before and I played through it for the most part. I did take some time off in the middle of the season to rest it. I finally got medical coverage in September and got the shoulder checked out before we would have played this year. It turned out that I had a 50% torn labrum in the shoulder...torn at the top of the shoulder socket to the back of it. There is no damage to the muscles or anything...just the labrum. It doesn't bother me in normal life so I opted to not have the surgery...I just can't play anymore. So I played all of those 2 years hurt. Here are my stats from the last season (not including playoffs)...They're pretty damn good considering I was pitching with a torn labrum

Wins: 3
    Losses: 1
    Saves: 2
    Innings: 34 1/3
    Runs: 29
    Earned Runs: 13
    ERA: 2.65 (we played 7 inning games so 7 X 13 / 34.33)
    Walks: 21
    K's: 42
    HBP: 2
    Hits: 26
    WP: 4
    K/BB: 2.0
    WHIP: 1.37
    BAA: .194
    CG: 3
    SHO: 1

MLB ERA
    not bad

last year i played, 1B...went 4-15, 6 walks, 5 k's. 2 stolen bases, which were great cause the pitchers in my league didn't know how to come off the rubber without balking so i would get about a half way lead from second and just run off after the pitch was thrown.

as for putouts, i almost got spiked through my arm. grounder through the middle and i dive and catch it...my pitcher didn't back me up so i had to scrounge back to the bag and touched first. as the hitter came across my arm almost got spiked.

happened twice.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    I play bench warmer and nobody keeps that bench warmer than I do!

lol

I never played baseball.

MLB ERA
    I was actually a pretty good little league pitcher, couldn't hit worth shit though.

I walked all the time cuz I was short, though.

I was a decent base runner, knew all the fundementals.

Decent in the outfield. Didn't have great range, but I could track down a fly ball pretty damn well.

When I was on the high school baseball team I was pretty much worthless due to never developing my pitching (moved around a lot after little league...and was in precurious situations. Not really an excuse, just a reason.)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Well our team was second in NYC last year, and I just barely missed the fall cut. THis year I'll make it though.

MLB ERA
    Baseball is something I always wanted to play, but never had the chance to. If they offer intermural baseball or something of that matter here at UT, I would definitely like to do that.

I'm the starting waterboy.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Played tennis my junior and senior year instead. Don't remember any of my stats from freshman or sophomore years.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    well, here are some of my favorite moments from playing organized baseball.

-won only championship 1st year playing little league at 11 years old (I didn't really play much lol)
    -hit 2 homers on Father's Day in a playoff game. A solo homer and a grand slam...gave game ball to my Dad
    -struck out 10 batters in 3 innings on opening day in senior league at 15 (catcher missed the ball and allowed the runner to go to 1st)
    -threw no-hitter at 15 giving up 6 unearned runs on walks and errors we still won 10 - 6
    -threw CG 3-hit shutout against crosstown team senior year in high school with 8 k's when they were heavily favored to crush us
    -made ASG twice out of 3 years in high school (9th grade wasn't at the high school until the year I entered 10th grade...it was at a junior high, which is now a middle school)
    -got recruited for and made Division I college baseball
    -threw CG 3-hit shutout in amateur league last season with torn labrum

Kinda like MarinersFan, I chose varsity tennis over frosh baseball...and never looked back, not that I had a chance to make it after missing freshman year.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Does church softball league count? If so then so far I am 4-4 with an RBI after one game. Once I get use to the slow pitching I'll really be smacking the ball. And I've also already strained a quad muscle and threw my arm out for a few days.....damn I'm old.

Other than that I haven't played in like 15 years when I played college ball at Indian Hills Community College in Iowa. My high school didn't have a team at the time so all I had was summer ball, where I always did well and was usually the best player on my team. Unfortuneatly, none of my teams ever won a championship which still irks me some.

MLB ERA
    too bad we don't all live close togther, we could get one hell of a baseball game going
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast