Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First time shaving

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I haven't shaved in over a week and I may not shave again for a while

MLB ERA
    shaving sucks, its boring, and a waste of time. i wish i could grow my shit out without being *****ed at by the work folks but NOOO apparently bagging groceries means a lot to them. *shrug*

plus i get the worst razor burn no matter what i use
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AA ERA
    Yea... I shave a lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First time shaving-retreat-0028-jpg  
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    shaving sucks, its boring, and a waste of time. i wish i could grow my shit out without being *****ed at by the work folks but NOOO apparently bagging groceries means a lot to them. *shrug*
    what does having a beard have to do with bagging groceries? Was it effecting your performance? Were you scaring customers? What was their reason because I'm not seeing what one has to do with other?

on another note, I shaved today for the first time in 2 weeks.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    I shave everyday

stupid Navy regulations
    What? I thought they let seamen at least grow flavor savors.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    What? I thought they let seamen at least grow flavor savors.

they do, but I look like a child molestor with just a mustache
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    what does having a beard have to do with bagging groceries? Was it effecting your performance? Were you scaring customers? What was their reason because I'm not seeing what one has to do with other?

on another note, I shaved today for the first time in 2 weeks.
    Actually, at my store, they want us all to be cleanly shaven. Though, they let it all slip. Cause I've seen some kids have little tiny beards.

Really doesn't affect our performance, but I know at this store, they think it's all about appearance, attitude, and acknowledgement when it comes to good customer service.

MLB ERA
    I worked at a supermarket during undergrad, so I could understand your appearance needing to be neat and clean...kept up, but I never heard of a Steinbrenner-esque no facial hair policy.

Well, if we want to grow some facial hair, we're suppose to tell our boss. Which I at. I have sideburns and I let my beard grow out a little bit.

My boss would never fire any of us. Why? cause we do a shit ass job for the min. wage. He's lucky he has kids who are willing to do this shit. Cause we can easily go to McDonalds and get paid more for doing an easier job.

MLB ERA
    bagging groceries is prolly one of the easiest jobs on the planet...i mean you throw groceries in the bag. pull the bag off the rack...and put it in the cart...every 30 minutes or so clear the lot of carts, come back in, repeat.

i get paid 6 an hour for about 20+ hours a week. its not that bad lol..even in the 101 degree heat.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

you get paid more than me and you have an easier job. you guys suck, you really do.

How big is your lot for the grocery store you work at? can't be that big. I have to clear around 150 to 175 carts with just a few other kids. Plus, we're constantly busy. I work at a store that is similar to walmarts, it's called Meijers.

I push carts, clean bathrooms, deal with stupid ass people, lift shit, stock in the back. Somebody has to do it though.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    deal with stupid ass people
    You'll be doing this until you are dead. Get used to it.

MLB ERA
    I worked at a supermarket for 3 years during undergrad. The 1st year I worked up front being a cashier, bagging groceries, getting carts in the lot, etc. The remaining 2 years I worked in the meat department doing everything except cutting meat; pricing, filling up the case, throwing shit out, breaking down pallets, wrapping meat, and the ever popular dealing with stupid people.

One of my favorite lines from crazy, old people was when they felt they had to justify why they only wanted 1 hamburger patty or 2 prepared meatballs, etc...the line was "Can I get (insert number equal to or less than 2) of these (insert random meat) please. It's just me." They always felt they had to justify why they only wanted a couple of whatever by saying "it's just me." I don't care why and don't wanna hear your life story...just tell me what you want and I'll do it...I care not about the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    You'll be doing this until you are dead. Get used to it.

Really? No shit. Tell me something I don't know. I've dealt with stupid people ever since I've been in school.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast