Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Strike Three's Random Insanity Thread

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    I've always thought that too. Especially if it wins another Emmy for something. It is definetly perfectly casted. Everyone on that show is EXACTLY what they are supposed to be IMO. There are also just so many story lines which weave in and out skipping episodes. I like how it isn't like other shows where it's one story an episode. This show doesn't like to wrap up stories so quick and lets things go on for a while. Maybee and George Michael started their romance in episode 1 and don't really make out till episode 40. I mean really what other show would do something like that and still make it work perfectly? I really want it to get back because I am dying to find out if Maybee and George Michael are gonna get closer, if she really is his biological cousin, what is gonna happen with Tobias and Kitty, Oscar in jail LOL! What is George Sr. gonna do now? So many questions that have been left unaswered that it would be hard to see it end.
    I think season 2 was even better than season 1 so I wouldnt doubt if it gets nominated again.

And not only is the casting perfect, but never have I seen guest stars so well used. From Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Zach Braff, to Ben Stiller etc... all hilarious characters.

I do believe that is part of the show's problem, the running story. Although Howard does a good job refreshing the story, I think a lot of people want to wait for the DVD's to watch season 2. I can't really blame them but it does hurt the ratings. Unlike most comedies which are pretty easy to get into no matter what point they are at. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the reasons I love the show, but I think FOX needs to do something about it. For instance, show repeats throughout the season and advertise them well. They never seem able to keep anything solid on Friday nights and I know they were showing a few repeats on Friday a while ago.

Also I think some are a bit intimidated by it from people who call it a smart comedy. Now while it may be the most clever show on TV, I wouldnt label it as smart comedy. It's low class humor done in a high class fashion, that's what I say. People just don't get the jokes if they don't know the backstory or at least some of it. That's where you get the people who think the show is terrible, they only see the obvious potty humor and the really clever stuff just misses because they don't know.

It's going to be a damn shame if it's cancelled, espicially for a show like Amercian Dad. American Dad pilot was really terrible. The characters were expected and weak. And the humor just didn't hit.

MLB ERA
    The show needs a laughtrack. Without it, I don't know when I should laugh.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    The show needs a laughtrack. Without it, I don't know when I should laugh.
    Hoping that was sarcasm. Laugh tracks suck.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I love nights when my girlfriend decides to go out with her friends leaving me with no plans..... mission's internet radio station is being built as a result. Me and a kid from an old band actually started a pirate radio station when we were like 15, this is so much easier.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I will be playing the new Weezer album later tonight.

On another note, it appears the new Family Guy episode has leaked (and to mixed reviews) so look around hard enough and you should find it *cough*bittorrent*cough*

Gotta love being given negative reputation for posting a whole article...when you post half of it.

Anyway, I got a day off from work today when I was schedule, woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Gotta love being given negative reputation for posting a whole article...when you post half of it.

Don't worry about it. There are some true idiots on this board who ae giving negative reputation left and right just for hell of it.

MLB ERA
    I don't ever touch the reputation button.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

AA ERA
    I do sometimes..

BTW-Have I mentioned how much the weekend sucks? Between work, church and friends, I am never relaxing. I hate Thursday through Sunday and then Monday and Wednesday I have to be at school at 7 .
    I aim to try

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So Tuesday's are the greates ever for you too? WOW! I thought I was the only one.

MLB ERA
    I hate school. I hate everyone. I hate life. **** this shit.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I can relate to ATLien right now. well i could have a month ago.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    How is it that my daughter ownz me!? That girl could piss me off to no end one minute, come back and take me, wrap me around her little finger the next minute and I'll be just mush!?

Little brat!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    So Tuesday's are the greates ever for you too? WOW! I thought I was the only one.
    Nope your not.

As long as I don't get a ton of homework on Monday, from the time I get out of school on Monday until the time I go to bed Tuesday night is pretty nice. The rest of the week seems to be a struggle to do everything I want to and still relax for more then the 5 hours of sleep I will end up getting at night.
    I aim to try

Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast