Thread: another stupid question I know (mlb.com mobile)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

another stupid question I know (mlb.com mobile)

Has anyone here used mlb.com mobile? specifically, I would like to download a wallpaper to my phone. I have Verizon and the options are "$3.49 for 1 use, $7.49 for 3 uses, and $12.49 for 5 uses." I just need some clarification here...if I buy the 1 use what does that mean exactly?

Does that mean I'll be able to use the application once, download whatever I want, and then once I close the application I'd have to renew it if I wanted to use it again?

Does it mean that I'd have to pay more to download something once I use the application as some applications then make you add "credits" to buy something?

Lastly, it means that I'll just be charged for that one use, right (and minutes which is not an issue for me)?

anyone?

MLB ERA
    I would guess (and "guess" is the keyword) that "1 use" means that you download the wallpaper and it's active immediately on your phone, but it doesn't save with the rest of your pictures/wallpapers, thus if you change your wallpaper to a picture of your penis or something equally as interesting and then in a week or so you get tired of it and want to go back to your Devil Ray's wallpaper, it'll be gone, thus you'll have to buy another "use".

*shrug*... just guessing.

I would guess the same as Lynch
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    hmmm...see I'd think that once you download it, you own it because you can do it online and have it sent to your phone instead of doing it through Verizon's "Get It Now" thing...I can only guess that it means you can only use the application however many "uses" you purchase. i.e. if I purchase 1 use, use it, and then close it...it's done and then I'd have to purchase more uses...it's all very confusing...I just want a decent wallpaper

MLB ERA
    for anyone that was interested...I purchased one use and I was able to download one item. You must keep the application or the wallpaper will be gone. You can purchase more uses if you wish. I downloaded a Philadelphia A's retro logo as a wallpaper. It also said I would just be charged the $3.49

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    You must keep the application or the wallpaper will be gone. You can purchase more uses if you wish
    So, it is kind of like I was describing? Or is what you said completely different. What do you mean by "keep the application"?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    I'll be able to use the application once, download whatever I want, and then once I close the application I'd have to renew it if I wanted to use it again.

Lastly, it means that I'll just be charged for that one use.
    it means that

The application refers to the program that allows you to search through what they have for sale...if I delete the mlb.com mobile application, then the wallpaper will be gone or I won't be able to use it.

oh, and I can change the wallpaper and it is in with my pics, but as I said if you delete the application, then it's no longer available.

MLB ERA
    Gotcha

MLB ERA
    # of uses = # of downloads. I didn't think I said that part clearly