Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mvp baseball 2005

AAA ERA

mvp baseball 2005

post in here how you are doing, and ne sliders you have.....or just any thing about the game...ill start

so far im 11-2 with the reds and griffey has 5 hrs.......love this game!!!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I lined one off the Big Unit's head and fractured his nose, but he only missed 4 games...meaning no starts and I put two on the roof in right field at fenway, one rolled off the back of it

AAA ERA
    nice job breaking the units nose...lol + i owned pedro opening day kinda like the reds did today!!

Lets play online sometime..send me a friend request, my username is Dom Hasek. I prefer you have a headset, but if ya dont, gimme a holler anyways.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I adjusted my sliders to a speedy fast game, but I think I gotta go on All-Star level after beating the Yankees today 14-0 lol. (thats pretty odd though, I usually win like 9-7 or something like that, my first ever shutout, and against Randy Johnson too!)

MLB ERA
    (using the Padres, of course)

I tweaked some of the players, such as Scott Linebrink who they had rated lower than Dennys Reyes. They also had Khalil with poor defense, so I tweaked that as well. To be fair, I even tweaked down Steve Sparks, cuz they had him rated kinda high.

Anyways, all I did my first season was create myself as a third baseman and sign Ramero Mendoza.
    I then played through about a week, losing 2, then skipped the rest of the season, losing to the Cardinals in the NLCS.

after that offseason, this is my current major league line up

C: Ramon Hernandez
    1B: Sean Casey
    2B: BJ Upton
    SS: Khalil Greene
    3B: Leo Palmer (me, I get intentionally walked as much as Bonds)
    RF: Aaron Rowand
    CF: Juan Pierre
    LF: Carlos Lee

bench
    Matt Holliday
    Sean Burke
    Robert Fick
    John Knott
    Humberto Quinterro

I had Austin Kearns, but I traded him for minor league talent

rotation

Jake Peavy
    Zack Grienke
    Jake Westbrook
    Adam Eaton
    Miguel Asencio (tore up AAA in my simulated season)

Didn't make any changes to the bullpen, other than calling up a reliever who was in AAA the prior year.

major moves I made to put this together

Signed free agents Carlos Lee, Matt Holliday, BJ Upton, Sean Casey, Austin Kearns, and Shea Hillenbrand (that last one was a dumb move, I later traded him for Scott Spezio, who only had 1 year left on his albatross contract, then cut Scott)

trades

I failed in signing Jake Westbrook, the Mariners outbid me, so I turned around and traded them Phil Nevin for Jake and a couple minor leaguers....signed Casey after this move

traded two high rated minor leaguers for Zack Grienke

traded Mark Loretta to Florida for Juan Pierre and two minor leaguers

traded Brian Giles to the White Sox for Aarron Rowand and two minor leaguers

i'm currently 40-3 in the 2006 season playing on All Star level. I'm a bit reluctant to bump up the difficulty because, even though i'm winning pretty much every game, for the most part all the games are real close.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am doing ok on all-star mode. I am playing all the minor league games as well and am hoping to play a complete season for the first time since owning baseball video games since sports talk baseball for Genesis. We'll see. So far all my pitching has been phenomenal. Especially Ramon Ortiz.

MLB ERA
    Yankees, 27-0 (I am amazing and I bought it the first day it came out) I have 10 HR's with Carlos Delgado (Free Agent) and he leads the league with 10 and Pavano has 7 wins 0 loses and 50 K's, 50.something innings and 0.40 ERA. I love this game!!!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well... I enjoy playing realistically. Or somewhat at least. 21-20 with the Royals... we can't hit for shit... last in the league in batting average, last in the league in home runs... but our bullpen and last 3 starters are playing way over their heads. Affeldt's got hit for a run in each of his last 3 outings, but we had a couple run lead in each, so still 12-12 in save ops. Sullivan, Field and Bautista out of my pen all have sub-3 ERA's. Heredia has a 3.86 ERA, but I actually like him out of my pen, he's pretty solid sadly. I dealt a minor league catcher for him, because the Mets had him in Triple A and on the Trade Block since about April 15th. Jim Gobble is 5-2 with a 2.47 ERA... like I said, playing way over his head... Greinke has a 2.80something ERA, and Run-Elvis Presley Hernandez has a 3.28 ERA, but that was after a 4 run in 5 inning outing last game. Lima and Anderson each have a a 5+ ERA, because they suck.

Hitting... nobody is hitting over .300. I think Rube Gotay and Dave DeJesus are each over .290 though. Gotay has just been on fire lately, even though I still can't get a home run with him. 17 RBI's, 0 HR's. Ken Harvey has a sub-.200, and I JUST got Terrence Long to .200, with a 4-4 day in the last game. He's at exactly .200, for the first time all year. Harvey was in a major slump to start the year, 2-45 or something like that, then got himself on fire, got himself as high as .214, then went into a slump again, and is back at .190-.193, I forget where exactly. Injuries have hit us though. Not terribly, but enough, that I've had to have Denny Hocking starting every game for the last 15 or so. Angel Berroa's next game back is the next game though, thankfully. Alberto Castillo is now starting though, because Buck got hurt... not seriously though, he'll be back in about a week and a half.

The Marlins put Conine on the block, I'm considering dealing TLong for him straight up, because Long is good against Righties, and Conine is good against lefties, and other than Eli Marrero and Ken Harvey... who in all honesty can't hit anybody for me, I have nobody on this shitbox of a squad that can hit lefties. Then again, other than Sweeney and Harvey, nobody really has tremendous ratings against Righties either.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I'm 17-22 with my Cardinals franchise. I'm playing on Pro but I couldn't hit diddly squat on All-Star. I might go back to All-Star for my second year. 10 GB of the Cubs for 1st place.

MLB ERA
    I'm the A's of course. And the only 2 players on my team that aren't real so to speak are Jimmie Foxx and me. I made myself a long reliever since we only have one lefty and I got rid of Hatteberg and signed Jimmie Foxx...I didn't and don't plan on signing anymore of the legends, but I do like to let them in the league, so the rest of them (when I unlock more) will be on other teams. I like it because it's better than having so many made up jokers. In my season from mvp2004 for example Ford was on the Dodgers, Niekro was on the Tigers, and so on

AAA ERA
    ne one else having probs hitting hrs with lefty? if not can you give me some tips?

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    ne one else having probs hitting hrs with lefty? if not can you give me some tips?
    I'm not having problems, but one tip I will give you is, using your controller, stick shift up then right.

MLB ERA
    that's not really a "tip" since it tells you that in the booklet if you bother to read it

MLB ERA
    I had that issue in 2004 (hitting HRs with lefties) but it doesn't appear to be a problem for me anymore. I have Sean Casey with 11 HRs after two months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast