Thread: Woman can choose to go to jail or to give up her tickets

Woman can choose to go to jail or to give up her tickets

Yahoo! News: Woman is has been charged with theft has two choices

OSHKOSH, Wis. - It's a choice that could give pause to some Green Bay Packers fans. A judge ordered a woman convicted of theft to decide whether to spend 90 days in jail or donate her family's Packers tickets next season to charity.

Sharon E. Rosenthal, 59, took more than $3,000 from labor union accounts before she left the organization, according to a criminal complaint. She was sentenced Friday in Winnebago County Circuit Court on one felony count of theft.
    Quite a small article, but it caught my eye. I like the punishment as long as those tickets meant something to her. If the tickets really didn't mean anything to her than how would this be of any punishment to her. Nonethless, I'm glad the tickets were donated to a Make-A-Wish foundation. It should definitely make some people happy to receive those tickets.

MLB ERA
    If she still has to PAY for the tickets and donate them (which I would believe would be the case), then it doesn't matter really. Cuz first off, you don't own season tickets to a football team and -not- care about them. So it'll be a double hit.

Good for the judge!

It could be her husband's or kids. So they may care more about them. Ya, I can see paying the money for the tickets, so it all evens out. But, I'm sure shes happy to not be going to jail.

MLB ERA
    when I saw the thread title then started reading the post noticing that it was Packers season tickets, I thought i was going to go on and read that she chose the jail time...
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

I'd gladly take them.

Lol, I remember I saw a story that it took a couple 40 years to get Packers season tickets, it's insane.