Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 06-06-06

AA ERA
    Pool Party and Basketball today... sounds good.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Has the Beast arrived yet?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Jimmie Foxx? last I checked he was still dead...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Jimmie Foxx? last I checked he was still dead...
    Good find and honestly I had no idea who he is/was so I googled him.....Jimmie Foxx Official Website

He looks kinda like the Baldwin actors.....be sure to check out the quotes......LOLOL.....
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    you didn't know who Jimmie Foxx was? And you call yourself a baseball fan? And you're not a young guy...there's no excuse...if I was the kinda guy who -repped people I'd do it right now, but since I'm not, you're off the hook...seriously...the right-handed Babe Ruth!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    you didn't know who Jimmie Foxx was? And you call yourself a baseball fan? And you're not a young guy...there's no excuse...if I was the kinda guy who -repped people I'd do it right now, but since I'm not, you're off the hook...seriously...the right-handed Babe Ruth!
    Yeah go figure.......unlike some people on message boards I don't know everything and I'm not afraid to admit it....especially now that I AM older....the brain cells have been fried once too often.....but seriously, those quotes are hilarious

MLB ERA
    well, I've never claimed to know everything if you were implying I did

IIRC Jimmie Foxx hit a homer into the upperdeck at Yankee Stadium and it broke a seat.

MLB ERA
    Mark of the best my ass. This day is a waste of time. 1 month until my birthday though.

MLB ERA

The Devil is a mother****ing liar, so you know I ain't worried. Bioooootch.

MLB ERA
    well, 6/6/6 has come and gone and guess what? The world didn't come to a blazing end, just like it doesn't every 100 years.

Thing that's pathetic about it, it's the non-Christians and the like that make a bigger deal out of it than most Christians do.

MLB ERA
    BORN AT 6AM ON 06/06/06, HIS MUM WAS INDUCED FOR 6 DAYS, HE WEIGHS 6LBS 6OZ AND HE'S CALLED DAMIEN

By Richard Smith
    HORROR film fan Suzanne Cooper yesterday named her baby Damien after the devil child in the The Omen, who was also born on June 6.

Suzanne went one better than the movie by hitting the full Number of the Beast with the date - 6/6/06.

Special needs teacher Suzanne, 36, was also induced for six days before Damien arrived at 6.59am, tipping the scales at a spine-chilling 6lb 6oz.

She said: "We are overjoyed about the baby. The Omen is one of our favourite films and that's why I was keeping my legs crossed for a birth on the 6th.

"It does seem a bit weird I suppose, but he's a perfect baby - nothing at all like Damien in The Omen."

Dad Michael rushed Suzanne to hospital in Bristol last Wednesday afternoon after she began suffering back pains.

The baby was due on Saturday and doctors decided to induce her straight away, but little Damien refused to arrive until yesterday.

Suzanne went into labour in the early hours and Damien was born shortly after 6am. Electrical engineer Mike said: "It was a devil of a birth - a bit of a horror show. Once she went into labour it was straightforward, but six days in hospital is a long time to wait.

"Suzanne and I love watching horror films and we were both keeping our fingers crossed that he would be born yesterday.

"It took a fair bit of persuasion for Suzanne to let us call him Damien but it seems fitting considering the date."

The baby also arrived on the day the remake of the 1976 film The Omen was released in the cinemas.

A spokesman at Bristol's Southmead Hospital said: "We would all like to say congratulations on the birth of their new baby.

"We're very pleased that all went smoothly with the birth and we are happy to have been involved."
    Kerry Laing, who also gave birth to a baby boy yesterday, told how her gran Helen, 79, phoned family to tell them they had named him Damien.

Kerry, 20, from Cardenden, Fife, had actually called him Rhys.

MLB ERA
    surely that whole "article" has to be a joke.

MLB ERA
    This thread is still alive......OMG.......let this be the last post.......WAHHHHHHH!!!!!

MLB ERA
    IMHO (and I hope I don't confuse anyone here) people were making a bigger deal about those making a "big deal" about 06-06-06 and were more annoying about it than those who were making the "big deal" about it...
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123