Thread: When social networking goes stupid

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When social networking goes stupid

Bragging on MySpace.com leads to arson charges for two teenagers

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12793765/?GT1=8199
    ROCKVILLE, Md. - Two teenagers were charged with setting fires in suburban Washington after they bragged about the blazes on MySpace.com, authorities said.

The 17-year-old schoolmates were involved in 17 fires in Montgomery County, fire officials said Friday. The teens face 22 charges, including two counts each of first-degree arson and four counts of second-degree arson.

Their names were not released because they were charged as juveniles.

Stores, vehicles, a bowling alley and two school buses were set on fire between Jan. 20 and April 16. Investigators got a tip to check out the online social networking site MySpace.com, where they found photos and descriptions.

"The significant thing is they posted on the Internet, and bragged about the fires, and that certainly allowed us to break the case," county Fire Chief Thomas W. Carr Jr. said. "They posted photos of these fires."

The teens are being held at a juvenile detention center.

"Whatever their motive is, they took the opportunity to set numerous fires," Carr said. "The neighbors were very much concerned about the terror in their neighborhood. They were freaked out."

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    This has to be the STUPIDEST way to get caught yet.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ha. It reminds me of something on The Simpsons with the bullies saying something along the lines of "Videotaping this crime spree was our best idea yet!" I mean really, they posted photos of the crime? Wow.

If you are that moronic to commit a CRIME and then BRAG about it to not just a friend you trust, but ANYONE that feels the urge to access your page, then you should have a few years added on to your sentence just due to ignorance.

MLB ERA
    I don't have a link because I am too lazy to find one, but Facebook just led to the Northwestern girls soccer team getting caught for hazing rituals for new players - forcing them to simulate sex acts and putting them in bondage and shit.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They should get even more years for being that stupid.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    I don't have a link because I am too lazy to find one, but Facebook just led to the Northwestern girls soccer team getting caught for hazing rituals for new players - forcing them to simulate sex acts and putting them in bondage and shit.
    So what's the crime?

MLB ERA
    I see. Hazing is quickly being shut down all over the country as stupid shit keeps happening.

MLB ERA
    Just update your privacy settings, and change your age to 14.

Duh.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    doesnt sound half as bad some of the shit that was going on even ten years ago.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1