Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New version of Star Spangled Banner sung in Spanish

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

New version of Star Spangled Banner sung in Spanish

What are your thoughts on this? I think its deplorable. I guess its meant to appeal to all of the Hispanics in the country, but I really don't think its necessary and proper, considering the situation concerning all of the illegal immigrants in the country.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    What the hell. This guy I know was telling me he was in Greenwich Market, in NYC, and some lady asked for something in Spanish. When the guy said she needed to speak English, in broken tones she said spanish is the new language and he better learn it. This helps people like this get what they want. English should be the official national language, stuff like this is annoying.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    screw that shit.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    I don't understand why people are so offended at the site of a foreign language or foreign person.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    I don't understand why people are so offended at the site of a foreign language or foreign person.
    You have a very simplistic narrow minded view on this IMO. It has nothing to do with what you said and you generalize everybody as being racist. That's OK, let the protesters do their thing on Monday because the backlash has the potential to be huge, swift and painful for those trying to achieve an unlawful political goal. As far as the song, it will never happen and I question how genuine the effort is or if it is another political tool to gain support for all of the illegal immigrants. Americans will demand action and if none is taken you can bet that there will be a lot of unemployed politicians in November. This all started with the Minutemen and look where we are now; think about it. The silent majority is pissed and wait until you see their reaction after monday although it may take some time.

**** the hispanics in this country. They're either American or they're illegal. If they're American, sing it in the national language. If they're illegal, get the hell out.

That applies for everyone.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    well, when 90% of the recent immigrant mexicans are illegal, there are problems. If you are here illegally, be you chinese, french, mexican or martian, get the **** out.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War

I don't have a particular problem with it, unless the U.S. adopts an official language. Sure, the majority of people speak English, the overwhelming majority from what I've seen, but there's nothing official about it.

I don't feel the need to make a huge deal over a song that, I doubt, many Americans even care about. It can be sung in Spanish, Russian, Swahili, Chinese, (insert tribal African langauge), don't care.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    No, it's more than illegal-legal citizenship. This is bigger than that. People in United States got a serious problem with xenophobia. At least, admit it.

People are generally offended at the sight of hard working minorities. It's pathetic.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    **** the hispanics in this country.
    The type of shit I'm talking about.

**** you, too. And **** me being politically correct. I seen too much of this type attitude around me to let it go.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I've seen this on two separate news shows now and I don't get it.

What they are singing is not the music of the National Anthem/Star Spangled Banner. Have they created a whole new tune to claim as their own OR what? Either way it stinks, and why is Wycleff singing with them?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Its the Hispanics in America anthem, or something stupid like that, isn't it?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    hardly. I have zero problem working with my polish female engineer coworker. or my mexican engineering drafter, the several Muslim engineers, or the Serbian engineer i work with. You know what the similarity is with all of them? they are all legal immigrants. Hell, the mexican I work with is pissed because it gives him a bad name.

If youre hard working, good for you. But be here legally. Thats what (most) people care about.

MLB ERA
    No, it's more than illegal-legal citizenship. This is bigger than that. People in United States got a serious problem with xenophobia. At least, admit it.

People are generally offended at the sight of hard working minorities. It's pathetic.
    Do you know what La Raza means? The Race- so the name of that organization is inherently racist and if you don't believe me look up their mission statement. And what about all the signs saying go back to Europe Gringo? It goes both ways buddy so I guess many immigrants are racist as well, correct? But, as is typical with the left, it's only their version that is true and anyone that disagrees is automatically racist. Difference bewteen you and me, I don't generalize all of them as racist (as with you you say ALL Americans). You represent a larger part of the problem than you admit or maybe even notice. Someday I hope you will see past all the political bullcrap your professors are feeding you and figure things out for yourself. I like you but you're wrong on this issue and maybe you've had a bad experience but to swing such a broad-based brush is not ok.

MLB ERA
    Chill ATLien. No one dislikes the hardworking hispanic. We hate the ones who are radical, need there own anthem. If they're so ****ing hardworking, they should learn English. If I went to Argentina, I'd have to know Spanish. It's BS and you know it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast