Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New version of Star Spangled Banner sung in Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    Chill ATLien. No one dislikes the hardworking hispanic. We hate the ones who are radical, need there own anthem. If they're so ****ing hardworking, they should learn English. If I went to Argentina, I'd have to know Spanish. It's BS and you know it.
    Considering that is their official language as designated by the government, yeah.

Although, about the whole hardworking thing, maybe they are working too many hours (or perhaps there isn't a clear safehaven nearby. Although there are centers in the midwest) to realistically learn a second language?

Trust me, I don't want illegal immigrants in the country, I highly prefer a loosening on immigration regulations so the illegal ones can get in legally if they want to and that many legitimate immigrants aren't turned away or deported (I've heard the horror stories). But I just wanted to get a couple things straight.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    **** the hispanics in this country. They're either American or they're illegal. If they're American, sing it in the national language. If they're illegal, get the hell out.

That applies for everyone.

I so agree with you General

rep+

AAA ERA
    it's just pure nonsense and it's not even a "Nat'l Anthem" in Spanish. here are some of the lyrics:

"My people keep fighting. It's time to break the chains."
    Sounds like something everyone can get into

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...397/1022/rss10

It's an absolute joke, you want a Spanish Nat'l Anthem go back to the Country you came from and enjoy their Nat'l Anthem. What's next? A Chinese US Anthem? Italian, Greek? japanese? this nonsense has got to stop!!!!

MLB ERA
    Well, anyone who is offended by the actual original topic of this thread should look to the bleeding heart ****ing politicians (and the people who vote them into office) who go out of their way to continue to change "American" culture to reflect more on the illegals who are still coming into this country. You know, we wouldn't want to offend any of those people. Apparently American culture is shit compared to the wonderful culture these people bring with them, right?

A song is sung in spanish.....who really cares.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    I don't understand why people are so offended at the site of a foreign language or foreign person.
    I don't understand why you're so offended by traditional America.

What part of "you're in this country illegally" don't you understand?

YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. Go back, fill out the proper paper work and try again and we're cool. Otherwise, get ****ed.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    I don't understand why people are so offended at the site of a foreign language or foreign person.
    Because this is AMERICA not MEXICO, Japan, China, Spain or somewhere else that has a different language. We speak ENGLISH. If you want to come here you should at least accept AMERICAN culture... what you do in your house is fine, but when you are in American society you should at least have the common decency to learn the language spoken here. What do you think would happend if you went to most other places and started to sing the national anthem in English?

They come to America (legally or illegally) they need to become american.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The "mighty" Roman Empire was toppled because of many of the same things going on in America today. Corruption in government (screw all the DC Boys), foreigners pouring over the border causing chaos. We need to take America back before the becon of freedom becomes another snipit in History.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Before minorities claims im a racist.....

I grew up in an area that there are minorities.. about a third of my graduating class are black, a few asians, a few mexicans. Grew up playing soccer with a few mexicans who had come here LEGALLY, LEARNED ENGLISH, WORKED HARD, and DIDNT EXPECT FREE HAND OUTS. I have no problems with people like that, the a******s doing this protests are the ones I have problems with. America is a land of immigrants yes. BUT those families LEARNED ENGLISH and didnt expect everything to be handed to them on a freaking GOLD PLATTER like the a******s at thes protest.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You want to speak spanish? Go ahead. You want to sing your own anthem in spanish? Go ahead. I could care less. I am down with being the land of the free. I will not be offended if you want to speak in your own language. You are free to speak whatever language you want.

But don't be offended when I speak english to you at the grocery store. Don't be offended when I cannot understand what you are saying because you can't speak the native tongue. Legal or not, speak the language you want, but don't try to make it be the language for America. Don't attempt to change the National Anthem that puts a tear in any hard working American's eye. (Especially a military mind.)

Go ahead and protest. You have that right. I don't care, but just be assured that you just look like a fool and nobody really cares what you are saying. You are only there to piss us off and it is working. But you are not helping your cause.

All this crap seriously makes me want to leave America. I just wish that there was somewhere better to live. I give it a few more years and watch this country go to hell and I will likely be changing my mind once again. See you all in Iceland.

There are no minorities in America anymore. If you come here ilegally, you get benefits. All races have their benefits becuase they are breathing air on planet Earth. And all those breathing that air are offended by something. So America as the land of the free will cater to those who are butt hurt and make sure they are comfortable no matter what the cost. And the cost is normally costly for the hard working legal American.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12