Thread: Season off to bad start: Eaton hurt

MLB ERA

Season off to bad start: Eaton hurt

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- A despondent Adam Eaton, the Rangers' No. 2 starter, sounded like a pitcher headed for the disabled list after coming out of Wednesday's game with a strained tendon on the middle finger of his right hand.
    Eaton faced just nine batters before coming out of the game. He missed three weeks last season (Aug. 7-21) with a strained tendon in the hand while pitching for the Padres.
    "Pretty much one pitch, the last pitch I threw," Eaton said. "Similar injury, different tendon. It feels the same, just a different part."
    Eaton is supposed to start on Tuesday against the Detroit Tigers but said, "Judging by last year, I'm going to miss more than one start. It hurts just to squeeze the ball. I knew I couldn't put any pressure on it to throw a breaking ball." Eaton was on his way to have an MRI exam on the finger Wednesday afternoon.
    T.R. Sullivan is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    so now they need 2 starters...

MLB ERA
    apparently, RA Dickey was "awarded" the 5th spot in the rotation and this article says Eaton may miss 2 months!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...0padnotes.html

Eaton said he felt a pop in his middle finger, the same finger he injured last June in Detroit while throwing a pitch for the Padres. MRI results will be known today, but Eaton said he doubts he'll pitch any time soon and won't be surprised if he's out for two months, the length of his hiatus in 2005.

MLB ERA
    It better not be 2 months, but if it is I might as well write off the Rangers right now. I still maintain it was stupid of them to give Chris Young for Eaton. Now more than ever.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    It better not be 2 months, but if it is I might as well write off the Rangers right now. I still maintain it was stupid of them to give Chris Young for Eaton. Now more than ever.
    The good news is that it's not 2 months.

The band news is that it's 3 months...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....7838bbbe.html

SURPRISE, Ariz. – Adam Eaton still isn't sure if it will be rest and rehab or surgery for his injured right middle finger, but he does know now that he'll be out at least three months.

That was the discouraging dispatch the Rangers carried from Arizona back to Texas on the final day of Cactus League exhibition play Thursday.

Well, that, and this: Somehow, despite showing up for camp heavy and for workouts late, Juan Dominguez probably is going to get another chance to prove he belongs in the Rangers' rotation.

Upon returning to Dallas, Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said that barring a trade, which remains unlikely, Dominguez will probably start the fifth game of the season against Detroit.
    3rd place, here the Rangers come!

MLB ERA
    I saw that. I wonder what kind of an extension he is going to get now, if any. The best chance at something other than 4th or 3rd and now that's down the drain.

PSLJedi31-448th00000