Thread: Dellucci to be traded?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Dellucci to be traded?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.7cab1ac.html

SURPRISE, Ariz. – It's been a miserable week for outfielder David Dellucci.

He's still not sure if his 29 home runs and .367 on-base percentage last year are enough to keep him in the leadoff spot in the Rangers' lineup. Actually, he's not even sure it's enough to keep him in the lineup. And, according to two major league sources, he's not such a sure thing for the roster either. The sources said the Rangers have been discussing trading Dellucci with teams.

Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said he's continuing to talk to other GMs about any manner of moves but has no advanced conversations with clubs.

With the outfield and the batting order unsettled a week before the season opener, Dellucci acknowledged being frustrated Sunday. He suggested that the frustration is having an impact on his performance at the plate. Dellucci is just 2-for-12 this week with six strikeouts in his last 10 at-bats.

"I'm pressing," he said after getting a hit in four at-bats in the Rangers' 4-3 win over Milwaukee on Sunday. "I'm trying to win a spot as the leadoff hitter on this team. That's all I really can say."

There isn't much to say about the Rangers' outfield right now, mostly because there is little known.

Dellucci could be nudged out of the leadoff spot by off-season acquisition Brad Wilkerson, but Wilkerson's health is in question. After an MRI, Wilkerson, who has missed the last four games with right shoulder soreness, received a cortisone injection Sunday and isn't expected to play again until Wednesday at the earliest.

Wilkerson would play center if Laynce Nix or Gary Matthews aren't on the opening day roster. If one, or both, are on the roster, Wilkerson could slide to left, diminishing Dellucci's playing time.
    It appears the Rangers have more question marks than just the starting rotation and bullpen. They better start figuring out some stuff. The article goes on to say that the Angels and Phillies are looking for left-handed hitters and could trade for Dellucci.

AAA ERA
    Solid player for someone who need a lefthanded bat!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    The Reds will go after him watch...

MLB ERA
    the Rockies would be sweet because that would increase his fantasy value and he was a late pick of mine for Diamond Dave's league!

MLB ERA
    http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/baseball/14203799.htm

David Dellucci got his requested meeting with manager Buck Showalter, following a published report that Dellucci was on the trading block and frustrated about it. Dellucci disputed some comments attributed to him in the story about his being frustrated, though he admitted he had been scuffling a bit at the plate, and later homered in the game. "I wanted to reiterate that they could count on me," Dellucci said, "for whatever spot in the batting order. Whatever role they needed me for, I would be up for it and do the best that I can." GM Jon Daniels, who said the story was inaccurate, had a lengthy meeting with Dellucci in the dugout during workouts to clear the air. Daniels said he has no plans to trade Dellucci.
    Interesting as there is this article that says the Angels are after him...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dude, if he learns to play 1B, he can go to ATL.