Thread: Rangers Sign Durazo

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rangers Sign Durazo

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Free-agent first baseman Erubiel Durazo signed a minor-league contract Tuesday with the Texas Rangers.

The 32-year-old Durazo had ligament replacement surgery in his left elbow last July, after hitting .237 with four home runs and 16 RBI in 41 games for Oakland.

Durazo didn't play after May 25 because of elbow problems and went on the disabled list for the seventh time in his career.

In 2004, Durazo was fifth in the AL with a .321 batting average. He set career highs with 36 doubles, 22 home runs and 88 RBI.

Over parts of seven major-league seasons with Arizona (1999-2002) and the Athletics (2003-05), Durazo is a .281 hitter with 94 home runs and 330 RBI in 624 games.

Texas manager Buck Showalter was in Arizona for Durazo's first two seasons, and then the Diamondbacks won the World Series in 2001.

Durazo has a .338 average (27-for-80) with three homers and 13 RBI in 21 career games in Arlington.
    This is a much better option than getting Danny Bautista out of retirement. Plus he had more pop than Phil Nevin has had in a while. I like the AL West.

MLB ERA
    Definately not a bad signing for an MLC. Durazo is still a capable hitter. I am just not sure what the Rangers are going to do with him. Now they will have a Dellucci/Nevin/Botts/Durazo DH situation.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Rangers

Been a fan of Durazo since his days on the AZ team....hope he stays healthy and injury free......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    Well, in any case it adds depth with a very capable hitter at a very affordable price.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

I like the Durazo signing. Cheap, low-risk, decent hitter. Worst case, he washes out, best, he allows for some flexibility at 1B if they desperately need a 1B.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.