View Poll Results: Which was the Rangers best offseason move?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Signing Kevin Millwood to a 5 year contract

2 20.00%
  • Trading Alfonso Soriano for Brad Wilkerson, Terrmel Sledge, and Armando Galarraga

5 50.00%
  • Trading a player to be named later for Vicente Padilla

2 20.00%
  • Trading Chris Young, Adrian Gonzalez, and Sledge for Adam Eaton, Akinori Otsuka, and Billy Killian

1 10.00%

Thread: Best Rangers Offseason Move

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Rangers Best Rangers Offseason Move

Which was the Rangers best offseason move?

MLB ERA
    I voted for Padilla just because it's a low-risk, decent-benefit move. I think the Padres got the better of the 2nd trade. The first trade is kinda "meh" to me. And the Millwood deal looks like Chan Ho Park all over again

MLB ERA
    Wasn't Millwood a 4 year deal with an option for a 5th year? Anyhow, that move is somewhat risky but I really do think it's the best in that it shows that Daniels is committed to turning the Rangers into a contender.

The Soriano deal was pretty good too. They get even more financial flexability getting rid of him and Wilkerson could be the Rangers leadoff hitter this year with his good eye.

By far the Rangers worst deal was Young/Gonzalez/Sledge for Eaton/Otsuka. Young is just as good if not better than Eaton and a top prospect and decent OF'er is too much for a good RP.

MLB ERA
    I thought the Millwood deal was 4 year / 5th option thing, too...but I straight from the Rangers site and transactions it just says 5 yeat deal. All the other deals with an option said so

AA ERA
    Well, I would have to say Texas's best offseason move was the acquisition of SP Adam Eaton, MR Akinori Otsuka, and Billy Killian from the Padres for Chris Young, Adrian Gonzalez, and Terrmel Sledge. The only problem I had with this deal is I think the Rangers gave up to much young talent by adding Young to the deal. I realize they didn't have room for Adrian Gonzalez to be a everyday player at 1B so placing him in the deal made sense but I would have wanted to do what was necessary to prevent myself from trading Young. All in all the Rangers did improve their starting rotation this offseason which was a plus them.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Getting the reigning ERA champ from last year is always a plus until you give him that much money. Beefing up the rotation is the biggest move.