Thread: Twins' pursuit of Soriano has stalled?

Twins' pursuit of Soriano has stalled?

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Rangers are holding out for top pitching prospect Francisco Liriano to complete an Alfonso Soriano trade with the Twins.
    It's doubtful that the Twins will part with the left-hander, though some of the club's lower level pitching prospects could be in play.

With only two hours until the deadline, the Rangers are still playing hardball. Granted, a deal of Lohse/Romero/Boone for him pretty much sucks, but I have my doubts about Soriano's real value out of Arlington...
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Liriano will never leave. Damn I want a deal to be made. If we said yes Soriano would have been a Twin. And you would have the elite pitching spec you need. Supprised you need not try for Travis Boyer?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    The only reason I imagine that the Rangers did not pursue Travis Bowyer is because many scouts project that he profiles much better to be an elite closer than an elite starter. The Rangers needed a stud starting pitching prospect and even though Lirano was a lot to ask for, I can't blame them for trying.

It's not like they have to deal Soriano.