Thread: Unlikely, but would be an interesting deal

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rangers Unlikely, but would be an interesting deal

I think it would be pretty excellent if Texas did pull this off. Berkman back in Texas, hitting at Arlington? Plus with Cruz injured again and Beltre on the mend.. it could be huge. Just unlikely.

After preseason tiff, Texas Rangers' C.J. Wilson makes pitch for Lance Berkman - ESPN Dallas
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Unlikely, but would be an interesting deal

It's interesting seeing as the Brewers have run away with the NL central and the Braves have the Wilcard in hand. St. Louis gave up Rasmus to Tor as they tried to go for it. Albert may not be there next year, which I feel pits St. Louis in rebuilding mode. Carpenter only has a few more years left and we'll see how Wainright does coming back next year. Garcia is a stud at home, but leaves a lot to be desired on the road.

Berkman plans on coming back next season but this would help start the rebuild process for the Cardinals especially because the odds of Berkman being worth more next year than now is very slim....

If Texas can offer up the right pieces I cam see this happening. If it does happen it'll be a very interesting offseason in the NL central.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Unlikely, but would be an interesting deal

Cruz is down yet again with a hamstring injury so the Rangers need to find someone and Berkman would fit in nicely. A switch hitter who can play 1b, LF or RF. Not sure I like him DHing since he is not used to it. Hard to believe he went unclaimed considering he's good and would have brought a team some draft picks back.

If the Cards did go in rebuild mode, Carpenter would not be back next year. He might not be back regardless but it would be hard to find ace-like pitchers for as cheap as his $15 million option for next year. Lose Pujols and Carpenter and the Cards still have a good core of Holliday, Molina, Freese, Wainwright and Garcia.