Thread: Feliz Wants To Be A Starter

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rangers Feliz Wants To Be A Starter

Neftali Feliz told reporters Monday that he now wants to be a starting pitcher.
    Feliz said last week that if given the choice, he would rather remain in the bullpen. Apparently something has changed. "That's what we're working for," said Feliz. "Right now, [his goal] is to start." Feliz, who tossed four innings of one-run ball against the Dodgers on Monday, has newfound confidence in his cutter, which he thinks would give him a chance to be successful as a starting pitcher. There's nothing written in stone yet, so this promises to be one of the more interesting storylines over the next couple of weeks.
    Feliz knows how to prepare himself to be starter so I don't see the conversion back to starter being a problem. The only problem I see is who the hell closes for the Rangers? Arthur Rhodes? Alexi Ogando? Who? I'd say for now Feliz is best served as a closer but it will be interesting to see how the Rangers handle this.

MLB ERA

Re: Feliz Wants To Be A Starter

Why fix something that isn't broken? He's a great closer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Ron Washington has asked the front office to look outside the organization for a closer if they are going to have Feliz close.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Ron Washington has asked the front office to look outside the organization for a closer if they are going to have Feliz close.
    Good luck with that.... Especially with Bailey going down that right there puts pressure on the market.

The Rangers just need to bang but I think they're really going to miss Mad Vlad.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Feliz, who tossed four innings of one-run ball against the Dodgers on Monday"

To be fair, Feliz faced a starting lineup of Eugenio Velez, Jamey Carroll, Xavier Paul, Marcus Thames, Jerry Sands, Hector Gimenez, Gabe Kapler, and A.J. Ellis.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Its official, Feliz will remain the closer.