Thread: Rangers Getting $3 billion

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rangers Rangers Getting $3 billion

According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, the Rangers have inked a 20-year, $3 billion television extension with FOX Sports Southwest.
    The Rangers will make an outrageous $150 million per year via the new television contract, which should go a long way toward helping the club in offseason negotiations with left-hander Cliff Lee and in negotiations with MVP candidate Josh Hamilton down the road. For reference, the Dodgers make only $45 million per season on their current television deal with FOX.
    Things just keep looking up for the Rangers and its good to see. Its also good to see the team take on Nolan Ryan's attitude. Ryan's attitude and now money to help back that up is a scary thing for the AL West for years to come.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Rangers Getting $3 billion

Now they are reporting the deal is worth half that, $1.5 billion. Rangers would still be in great shape.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, great to see the rich get richer.

FYI, TV money doesn't grow on trees. Guess who actually foots the bill for this lucrative source of revenue? (Hint: It's neither FOX nor your cable/satellite provider.)

MLB ERA

I wish my OOTP team got $75 or $150 mil in tv contracts every year. But then OM would just steal it all by making up some rule anyways