Josh Hamilton not only fractures two of his ribs but he just might have hurt his MVP chances. Hamilton was having an amazing season hitting .361/.414/.635 with 31 HRs, 97 RBI and 94 Runs while playing great defense. All of this was through September 4th, his last game. He has been amazing but it looks like his regular season might be done. Hamilton is still feeling discomfort when he attempts to swing and doesn't look like that is going to change any time soon. No doubt he was the odds on favorite to be the MVP but since he has basically missed a month, that changes things. Adrian Beltre might have just arose as the favorite considering what he has done this year for a injury ridden season for the Red Sox.

Adrian Beltre is hitting .327/.373/.568 with 28 HRs and 98 RBI while playing GG defense at the hot corner. After a slow start from David Ortiz and injuires to Mike Cameron, Kevin Youkilis, Dustin Pedroia, Victor Martinez, Jacoby Ellsbury and Jason Varitek, Beltre has helped keep the Red Sox above .500 and 6.5 games back in the Wild Card. Pretty amazing given all those key injuries. With Hamilton missing the last month, I think Beltre gets the MVP award but it could totally still go to Hamilton given the Rangers had the West practically wrapped up before he was injured. It will be a close election but I think Beltre has earned it due to staying healthy. Sucks for Hamilton that is had to end this way considering he injured himself making a great catch while crashing in the wall but that's how the game goes sometimes. Carlos Quentin lost his MVP award for getting hurt in September. I think Hamilton is next.