Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kenny Rogers has lost it, attacks camerman

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Aw comon reefer, there is no reasoning with people who only think in black and white. You ever notice that when there is an incident like this, the same people are always the first ones to jump all over it, start threads, and inflict their absolute opinions about the issues and offer overextended analysis as if they were actually witnesses of the incidents? Then, anyone that disagrees or offers other view points are full of crap?

Someone here once said..."think outside of the box people"........Anyone think it might apply here? Must be nice to have all the answers. Afterall, this is a message board isn't it? We all lend our opinions as if they are absolute, yet some take it to the extreme.
    Also quoted earlier by riverdunesrat
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Also quoted by riverdunesrat: Maybe the cameraman was a total jerkoff to him, who knows. I hate those Media mofo's. If I ever did anything newsworthy, I'd tell them all to go f*** themselves......kinda like Barry Bonds does.....
    Ahhh, I get it now - I'll assume stuff - throw in some curse words along with it and if you disagree then I'll call you a stiff who doesn't understand. I'll have to remember this the next time theres another debate.

Sorry kid if I don't believe in your extreme views, if what you said above is what lets you survive in the sports world than more power to you...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Wow, 20 games...what a goober

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I was never saying that Rogers did the right thing. Roberto Alomar spitting in an umps face is far worse than what Rogers did and Rogers got twice the suspension. What happened with Rodriguez throing the chair is far worse. This will never stop. As far as Johnson, He had 2 shutouts and 6 complete games to go along with 213 K's. That is not a quitter my friend. I never ignored your arguments i just don't agree with them. And yes a guy who goes to a hospital for minor injuries can still hit the lotto. You honestly think he is getting stuck with the bill? Did you hear what his injuries were? The guy is either a complete pussy or wants to get paid. I am going with both.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    And as far as what do his stats have to do with anything, they are everything. The game is played between those white lines. As far as Giants fans ignoring facts, there are no facts. Til then you are goddan right i am gonna root for the Giants. That's the game. Thats what he does, he plays baseball. None of this changes the fact. We will see what kinda pitcher he is when he comes back, if he comes back.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    Ahhh, I get it now - I'll assume stuff - throw in some curse words along with it and if you disagree then I'll call you a stiff who doesn't understand. I'll have to remember this the next time theres another debate.

Sorry kid if I don't believe in your extreme views, if what you said above is what lets you survive in the sports world than more power to you...
    See, more black and white thinking. I never said I was taking any one side in the issue. I don't have enough first-hand information to make an educated judgment. Sure, we all have our own opinions and those are based on our own biases, values, and experiences. However, when people say with absolute resolve that so and so was wrong....that is where I take issue. We weren't there. We only get biased and overblown views mostly brought on by the one-sided Media. I sure would hate to have to sit on a jury of law with someone with this outlook.

Survive in the sports world? How or why does someone need to survive in the sports world? Either you're a fan and you're involved, or you're not. If you have issues with a sport that are deeper than your love for it you're probably not going to stick around very long.

I'm still with reefer on the Kenny Rogers issue, it's a Media circus and everyone just needs to move on.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Rogers' ass was grass. 20 games=Owned.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    He got what he deserved.

He is lucky that he did not even spent a minute in prison like any other people if they done that.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Taylor, do you still have that avatar with the Buck, Hart, and Hicks? All the old posts in the old board got erased.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    People don't go to prison on assault. They go to jail. Big difference.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    People don't go to prison on assault. They go to jail. Big difference.
    That's what I told him over on another board....the sentence would take into account his entire record, and if warranted he could do some time. More than likely though he'll get a slap and probation and/or a fine......black and white thinking again.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123