Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Rogers has lost it, attacks camerman

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    What a jerk. It's not like the cameraman was singling him out to tape. It's his freakin job. If Rogers has such a problem with the media, he should retire. He probably has enough money to last him through his retirement anyway. But he won't do that because he's a greedy SOB.

Damn, and I thought Bonds' hatred of the media was bad. This definitely takes the cake.

AA ERA
    What Kenny did was wrong and inexcusable. There is just no reason for him to do that. Yeah he has a temper, but so what. Everyone (I am one of them) has a temper, but there is a time and place when to lose it. This was not one of those times. That was not very good. I don't care how upset Kenny is at the organization or how rumors are circulating that he did not want no part of the Angels. That was not very good.

I am listening to Galloway on ESPN1033.com. Funny stuff.

BTW, nice protrayal of Kenny as the Incredible Hulk, Taylor.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Maybe the cameraman was a total jerkoff to him, who knows. I hate those Media mofo's. If I ever did anything newsworthy, I'd tell them all to go f*** themselves......kinda like Barry Bonds does.....
    C'mon! This cameraman seemed polite and he did not say a word to him.

Oh man, Steve Dennis (Channel 11 CBS - Dallas) is talking about walking around the clubhouse in their next homestand (They're about to leave for Seattle) with a shirt that says "Kenny sucks!" ...I hope he's joking.

BTW - Thanks for the compliment Steak, I wanted to make a gif with Rogers face, then Bruce Banner's eyes up close, then the Hulk but a combination of being at work/laziness prevented me from doing it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    How much can you guys over react? Answer: A lot. Did you guys even see the footage of Kenny "attacking" the cameraman? He didn't even lay a hand on him. He pushed and shoved the CAMERA. After they pulled Kenny away from the man, he appeared to be ok. Then all of a sudden he goes to the hospital? This is just another example of a extremely underpaid guy hitting the lotto. Did Kenny have to do all of that? Who knows? Kenny obviously had a reason to do what he did. He is paid way too much to act like that but shit happens. How is this guy throwing his season away? Every GM would like to have Kenny for the rest of the year. This incident doesn't change that. You guys are taking this way to seriously. Go get mad when Sean Penn and Tommy Lee do it while you're at it.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    C'mon! This cameraman seemed polite and he did not say a word to him.
    You were there?

No one knows what led up to him allegedly going off. There could have been issues days or weeks before. There could even be a history between them. None of us know. Everyone has their breaking point when enough is enough. Until we walk in his shoes, who are we to judge either way?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    I was not there, but I saw the whole footage of what happened. That dude who got knocked around by Kenny seems like a nice man. From what I hear and read in the Dallas Morning News, that photographer is a huge presence at Dallas sporting events and he seems to be very friendly to everyone. I think I will take his word for it.

Kenny has been very moody with the press in the DFW area since spring training. He apparently had enough so he picked on everyone.

Kenny has other things to worry about than that photographer taking pictures of him. That photographer was apparently taking pictures of every random Ranger out there.

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    You were there?

No one knows what led up to him allegedly going off. There could have been issues days or weeks before. There could even be a history between them. None of us know. Everyone has their breaking point when enough is enough. Until we walk in his shoes, who are we to judge either way?
    Did you not read my posts from earlier?? Rogers threw a tandrum in the dugout after being pulled against Anaheim (Including the infamous punching the cooler), Rogers broke a photo after screaming at a reporter, then this. Only thing that made Rogers do what he did was Rogers himself. Check out the Dallas Morning News (Dallasnews.com) - they have therapists talking about how Rogers has gone overboard.

Nope, I wasn't there - but those that were have said the camerman did nothing wrong, he was there doing his job. So yes, I'll take their word and the therapists over someone who doesn't trust the media...

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    How much can you guys over react? Answer: A lot. Did you guys even see the footage of Kenny "attacking" the cameraman? He didn't even lay a hand on him. He pushed and shoved the CAMERA. After they pulled Kenny away from the man, he appeared to be ok.
    Didn't lay a hand on him? Just because it's not a fist doesn't mean he didn't "lay a hand on him"

Did Kenny go up to a cameraman and get physical? Yes. Did Kenny walk away only to return and pull the same stunt? Yes. Did Kenny kick the camera afterwards? Yes. Did Kenny make a bee-line towards a photographer before being restrained? Yes. In the lawbooks this is called assault.

And please tell me how Kenny was okay? Even now he's unrepentant, that's a bad sign for my team. They'd better get him under control before he loses his cool again.

Only overreacting done yesterday was by the pitcher who decided to let his contract situation spill out into the public. Hey, he was the one who made a public stance a day after breaking his pinky saying that his agent will do all negotiations.

Then all of a sudden he goes to the hospital? This is just another example of a extremely underpaid guy hitting the lotto. Did Kenny have to do all of that? Who knows? Kenny obviously had a reason to do what he did.
    You may be right on the cameraman overexaggerating. But the guy has had previous problems with his back and neck - so we really don't know.

And please tell me what reason Rogers had to do what he did, because we didn't bow down and pay him $25 million like he wants? And "who knows if Kenny had to do all of that????" I'm speechless here...really,

He is paid way too much to act like that but s*** happens.
    No, spoiled 41 year old acting like a pouting 6 year old happened, and for his act he embarrassed himself, the team, the city and it's fans.

Reminds me of when I was in college working for the Shreveport Captains (AA club for San Fran at the time), we had the Giants come visit, it was 92 before Bonds when Will Clark was the big man and boy did he have an attitude, screaming at kids, cursing people out. Even told me to go do something to myself when I asked why would he yell at at little kid (Made me sick when I would watch him on t.v. and announcers would talk about what a great guy he was, how friendly he was to kids). He was a punk then and Rogers was a punk yesterday - this is what happens when a guy gets spoiled and thinks he's above everyone else.

How is this guy throwing his season away? Every GM would like to have Kenny for the rest of the year. This incident doesn't change that.
    Randy Johnson quit in his final year in Seattle to get out, he affected the team, Rogers supposedly skipped the Anaheim start as a ploy for his contract, and if every GM wants him then let the trade offers pile up - we should make out well.

You guys are taking this way to seriously. Go get mad when Sean Penn and Tommy Lee do it while you're at it.
    Are you talking about the 80s Sean Penn that attacked a reporter? Ummm, he was arrested and widely villified in the media for it. And I'm not a Motley Crue fan - if you are then go ahead and villify him for me, I'll stick with my beloved team....

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    This is nothing we haven't seen before and you guys need to move on. This shit is for the media. And nothing you said changes the fact Rogers is 9-3 with a microscopic ERA. He missed his last start due to a finger injury not a contract ploy. Johnson has 213 K's in his last half year in Seattle. Man what a quitter. And in all your rambling about the fight, you never mentioned Rogers laying a hand on the cameraman making my point. Thanks. The man simply hit the lotto. He was fine during and after the incident. If the guy had injuries, maybe holding a heavy camera all day isn't the cure.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The cameraman looked to be overexaggerating. If he's trying to hit the lotto, then we will see that if he sues for thousands (or millions the way frivolous lawsuits are going)for his "injuries."

AA ERA
    Taylor: What was it like watching Will the Thrill with the Rangers? He actually was fantastic for the Rangers as a player at least.

As for the cameraman overexaggerating, the guy went to the hospital. There is nothing overexaggerating about that. Why would he want to waste his time in the hospital and then pay the bills which is outrageous for a hospital bill.

This is not a media thing. This is about assault. If I or anyone did the same crap towards some, we would be in deep doo-doo. I know if I acted like that at work, I would be fired and rightfully so.

This is nothing we haven't seen before and you guys need to move on. This is for the media. And nothing you said changes the fact Rogers is 9-3 with a microscopic ERA. He missed his last start due to a finger injury not a contract ploy. Johnson has 213 K's in his last half year in Seattle. Man what a quitter. And in all your rambling about the fight, you never mentioned Rogers laying a hand on the cameraman making my point. Thanks. The man simply hit the lotto. He was fine during and after the incident. If the guy had injuries, maybe holding a heavy camera all day isn't the cure.
    #1 - What does Rogers' stats have to do with this? Are you saying we should be like Giants fans and ignore the issues simply because he's having a good season? Sorry dude - I criticized my beloved Cowboys when they pulled this act and will do the same here.

#2 - Rogers was charged with assault, people there said he had gotten physical with camerman before he was filmed - good enough for myself and the police.

#3 - Camerman did hit the lotto, whether he's really injured or not, my point (Which you still ignore) is that Rogers had no excuse to do whatever he did - he's a punk, plain and simple. Good point on the last sentence - I will applaud you for that, still doesn't excuse Rogers.

#4 - Nice of you to pick out one stat from Johnson and use that as your argument. As one who worked in sales (And knows all about the 'grey' area) I'm impressed. However, lets be fair and go over the remainder of his stats:

Johnson in Seattle 97 was 20-4, allowed 147 hits 60 runs, 54 of which were earned with 291 strikeouts and an era of 2.28 (213 innings total)

Johnson in Seattle 98 was 9-10, allowed 146 hits 90 runs, 77 of which were earned and had one less homerun than all of 97 (97 - 20, 98 - 19) with an era of 4.33 (160 innings total), 4.33 era was his worst since 92.

Johnson in Houston 98 was 10-1, allowed 57 hits, 12 runs (All earned), allowed 4 homeruns with an era of 1.28 in 84.3 innings

Nice try, but I remember local stations in Seattle griping about his ploy (Which makes me wonder to this day after his act and Griffreys why A-Rod is the one who get all the hate).

#5 - Rumor about his ploy came from whispers inside the clubhouse. Sorry but I'll believe them before you anyday. Now if the topic were reefers, then you'd have good standing.....

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Food for thought......

This is nothing we haven't seen before and you guys need to move on. This shit is for the media. And nothing you said changes the fact Rogers is 9-3 with a microscopic ERA. He missed his last start due to a finger injury not a contract ploy. Johnson has 213 K's in his last half year in Seattle. Man what a quitter. And in all your rambling about the fight, you never mentioned Rogers laying a hand on the cameraman making my point. Thanks. The man simply hit the lotto. He was fine during and after the incident. If the guy had injuries, maybe holding a heavy camera all day isn't the cure.
    Aw comon reefer, there is no reasoning with people who only think in black and white. You ever notice that when there is an incident like this, the same people are always the first ones to jump all over it, start threads, and inflict their absolute opinions about the issues and offer overextended analysis as if they were actually witnesses of the incidents? Then, anyone that disagrees or offers other view points are full of crap?

Someone here once said..."think outside of the box people"........Anyone think it might apply here? Must be nice to have all the answers. Afterall, this is a message board isn't it? We all lend our opinions as if they are absolute, yet some take it to the extreme.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Rogers suspended 20 games, fined $50k. Look for an appeal to happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast