Thread: Oh brother!

Oh brother!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....36a98ec3.html

Regarding an emerging pitching prospect Edison Volquez, nicknamed "Little Pedro"

Doug Melvin's formula: A pitcher needs 100 innings at each level in the minors and close to 500 innings overall before you know what you're getting.

But this Rangers management team isn't as patient. Buck Showalter needs pitchers now in a pennant race, and John Hart is going to give them to him.

Hart's not so good at trading for pitchers. But he's not shy about going with the kids. He recently reminded Tom Hicks of a rookie he called up in '97 with Cleveland, and Jaret Wright ended up starting the seventh game of the World Series.

Hart screwed up our farm system once, looks like he's gonna try and do it again.

For those not familar with Volquez (I wasn't until early this year) he's basically a Juan Dominguez but with 3 pitches and a better attitude. Recently promoted to AA Frisco he's more than held up his own, but he's only 22 and as mentioned above he doesn't have a lot of innings thrown.

Frisco right now has a fearsome threesome in Volquez, John Danks and Thomas Diamond. Considering they are 21,20 and 22 years old I'm hoping the Rangers take their time with these three, but after reading a quote about Hart and his impatience, something tells me to expect 2 of these 3 in Arlington come September. That, scares me!