Thread: Hamilton Moving To RF?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rangers Hamilton Moving To RF?

Rangers president Nolan Ryan said last week that he plans on moving Josh Hamilton to right field this season.
    "Hamilton has got to go to right [field]," said Ryan. "He’s too big to be a center fielder. It’s too demanding on him... We put him in right to help save him. Then we put [Nelson] Cruz or [Marlon] Byrd in center." Hey, anything to keep the big man fresh. He hit .306 last season with 32 homers and 130 RBI.
    I love this move from Nolan and he's right, Hamilton is best served as a RFer. It gives him better chances at avoiding injury plus he has a RF cannon. Byrd can play CF with Cruz and Murphy can stay in LF. I think that gives them a better OF than last year. Now if they only went out and signed some pitching, they could possibly compete someday.

MLB ERA

Re: Hamilton Moving To RF?

I agree. I don't think there will be any "ego" problem here. Its what is best for the team.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

GM John Daniels said Hamilton is staying in CF. It was a good idea but leave it to Daniels to **** it up.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bad move. Hamilton is not a centerfielder and even though he was healthy last season, lots of nagging injuries came up for him while in Cincinnati. When you factor in the life he has led and that he will be 28 soon, moving him to rightfield right now... where he would have the potential to become one of the better corner outfielders in the game seems like perfect sense. Of course that is why it is not happening.