Thread: Beyond the Josh Hamilton

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Player Beyond the Josh Hamilton

Anyone forgetting about Milton Bradley? Headcase aside, the man nearly has a 1.000 ops. He's hittin' .322 with 9 homeruns and has 33 walks. Someone is lovin' Texas.

I think that's more offense than the whole San Diego lineup combined.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Beyond the Josh Hamilton

I admit that Milton surprised me with his ability to hit at Petco Park. He was their offensive MVP after the trade. I can understand the Padres' decision to low-ball him after his ACL injury, if they didn't turn around and trade for 40-year old Jim Edmonds.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Bradley has been overshadowed by the whole Josh Hamilton and his amazing feats this early season. He sure is putting up some huge numbers. Man if only the Rangers could ever get some pitching together they could be a force.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bradley is good no doubt but just not the team player. I would love hitting in that park too.

MLB ERA

Bradley has definately been overshadowed by Hamilton this year, no question, but I seriously doubt the Rangers would be a .500 team right now if it weren't for his efforts just as much as for Hamilton's. Bradley is having a great season, in some respects better than Hamilton. He doesn't quite have Hamilton's power, but he does a much better job of getting on base with nearly twice and many walks as Hamilton and an OBP almost 60 points higher.

The Rangers starting pitching hasn't been all that bad either, probably why they actually have a .500 record. Their five leaders in starts all have ERA's of 4.75 or lower, which sadly is impressive for a Ranger rotation. If Millwood continues pitching like he did against Oakland, and Padilla and Ponson remain sub-4 ERA guys, the Rangers might be able to stay in contention for a little while longer. Five games isn't too far out.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah the pitching has more to do with the Rangers success than Bradley but his bat doesn't hurt.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bradley hits his 10th HR of the season but of course it will be overshadowed by Hamilton as he hit yet another one.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bradley added another HR!

MLB ERA

If someone other than Sir Sydney would step up and make consistant good starts, the team woulod be better. Also, if they weren't in the same division as the Angels, their chances for making the playoffs would improve.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    If someone other than Sir Sydney would step up and make consistant good starts, the team woulod be better. Also, if they weren't in the same division as the Angels, their chances for making the playoffs would improve.
    Ponson has actually struggled a bit his last couple of starts giving up 9 runs on 21 hits over 12 innings. Going on three days rest tonight I wouldn't look for that to change a whole lot. Vicente Padilla has been pretty consistant most of the season, just a couple of bad starts including last time out giving up 5 runs but he still managed to strike out 10 batters in that game.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

3 walks and a hit for Bradley today.
    Meanwhile the padres started Jody Gerut. Bahaha.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Apparently Bradley almost had a run-in with Royals TV announcer Ryan Lefebvre last night. Bradley heard Lefebvre making comments, that he thought were about him, on the TV in the Rangers clubhouse. Bradley was going to the Royals booth to confront Lefebvre but was intercepted by Jon Daniels and Ron Washington before he could reach his target. Lefebvre later said that he was talking about what had happened in the past with Josh Hamilton and how he had turned his life around, and not about Bradley.

PSLJedi31-448th00000