Thread: Minnesota Twins @ Texas Rangers (April 25th-27th)

MLB ERA

Minnesota Twins @ Texas Rangers (April 25th-27th)

The Rangers finally snapped their 7 game losing skid (also having dropped 12 of their last 14 games) by nipping the Twins 6-5 in 10 innings in the series opener.

Millwood got the start for Texas and pitched rather poorly allowing all 5 Twins runs on 8 hits over 6 innings, but the Rangers offense also scored 5 runs to get Millwood off the hook for the loss, and the bullpen was nearly unhittable allowing just 2 hits in 4 scoreless innings of work. In the end it was a 10th inning walk-off single by David Murphy that gave the Rangers a 6-5 victory and brought their 7 game skid to an end.

Sidney Ponson is making his Rangers debut in tonight's game.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA

Re: Minnesota Twins @ Texas Rangers (April 25th-27th)

Sidney Ponson's Ranger debut didn't go too bad. He only gave up 2 runs over the first 5 innings and left in the 6th with the game tied. The bullpen just couldn't hold the Twins offense allowing 7 runs in the 7th and 8th innings combined. Three Ranger errors are partially to blame for the Rangers 12-6 loss to the Twins. The errors resulted in 5 of Minnesota's 12 runs being unearned.

Ponson finished the game allowing 5 runs on 7 hits over 5.1 innings, but only one of the runs was earned and he only walked 1 batter while striking out 4.

Josh Hamilton and David Murphy supplied the majority of the Rangers offense going a combined 5 for 9 with a double, two runs scored and five RBI.

The Rangers will send Vicente Padilla to the mound today to try and cap off a series victory. He will be going up against Livan Hernandez who has gone 3-0 with a 3.55 ERA for the Twins this year.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

How do we NOT score any runs vs Padilla is a shocker to me. Way to go Twins!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

The Twins did not play well in this series. I hope to see them give a better effort for the rest of the season.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Padilla has pitched well for the Rangers all season with the exception of his last outting against the Tigers. I guess he just managed to put it all together in Sunday's game, and ended up throwing a complete game shutout. Of course Hernandez giving up 7 runs on 9 hits in less than 3 innings didn't help the Twins cause either. Whether the Rangers were just hot, the Twins just couldn't get it going, or a combination of both, the Rangers needed this win big to try and get their season back on track.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Chris Shelton was called up today.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Yea, the Rangers are off to a slow start this season. I am sure they will make a run soon.

Hey Molina, good to see you online. Have not seen you around lately.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Yea, the Rangers are off to a slow start this season. I am sure they will make a run soon.

Hey Molina, good to see you online. Have not seen you around lately.
    Funny how you say that just as I am about to disappear for 5 more days.
    Nice to know I'm missed though.

Classes have been keeping me busy, and now finals week is coming up. Haven't really been in a baseball mood with school going on, and the Rangers doing horrible anyway. Looks like they are snapping out of it though. Four straight wins until today's loss.

PSLJedi31-448th00000