Thread: Molina's Ranger of the Week (March 31st-April 6th)

MLB ERA

Molina's Ranger of the Week (March 31st-April 6th)

Yes, I stole this thread idea from Blondie.

I was tempted to go with Kevin Millwood because of his complete game and 1.29 ERA in 2 starts, but I don't know if someone who goes 0-2 can be player of the week.

My pick for Rangers of the week for week 1 of the 2008 season is...

David Murphy

Murphy has played all 6 games so far posting multi-hit games in 4 of them. He is leading the team in batting average, on base percentage, hits, and steals and is tied for the lead in total bases and runs scored. He is also 2nd on the team in slugging with a .636 mark.

Murphy was a key player in the Rangers 5-4 win over Seattle on April 1st going 2 for 4 with a run scored and an RBI. Without David in that game, the Rangers may well have been 2-4 right now instead of 3-3.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Molina's Ranger of the Week (March 31st-April 6th)

I'd have to agree. He has been a monster on the base paths. Broussard has had a good start as far as production.

MLB ERA

Re: Molina's Ranger of the Week (March 31st-April 6th)

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I'd have to agree. He has been a monster on the base paths. Broussard has had a good start as far as production.
    That's true as far as leading the team in homers and RBI, but he was either batting below .200 or in the low .200's. Broussard needs to show he can do more than hit homeruns. If he can keep up his power up and start hitting even .260 then I will really be happy with him. It is only 6 games into the season though. Realistically, I would expect his average to go up and his power to go down
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000