Thread: First place Texas Rangers

First place Texas Rangers

Just thought I'd throw that out before we head to Chicago and they smack us back to reality.

"First place Texas Rangers", sounds nice rolling off the tongue...much better than "20 games out of first and it's not even July????"

AA ERA
    Buck = Manager of the Year
    John Hart = Executive of the Year

In Buck and Hart We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Buck = Manager of the Year
    John Hart = Executive of the Year

In Buck and Hart We Trust
    Hart is Executive of the Year just like I'm productive to my boss when I'm on this board!

BTW - The real Executive who built this team, have you seen what he's put together on a shoestring budget up in Milwaukee?

Hart is nothing more than a consultant, and the highest paid one in the league at that.

AA ERA
    Melvin has done an okay job with the Brewers. He was able to get Cappelan from the Braves for Danny Kolb who has been horrible. He got Derrick Turnbrow from the Angels. He got Matt Wise. He was able to sucker Arizona in taking Sexson and getting a lot in return. He has had a good draft in the last two years. He was able to benefit in stealing Okha from Washington since they were desperate to dump him after that incident with Frank Robinson. He has done okay and he should get credit for his work with the Rangers. Unfortunately for Melvin, his FA moves was not that great hence why Hicks fired him.

I think Melvin did well with the Rangers, but Hart and Buck is taking them to another level.

I think Melvin did well with the Rangers, but Hart and Buck is taking them to another level.
    Hart took this team to another level allright, a depleted farm system, a popular player run out of town, no draft picks and a team full of prima donnas.

Seriously, we can let out our arguments all we want, truth is Buck has done a nice job, Hart is nothing more than a waste of space

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Teixeira, Blalock, Young, and Nix are prima donnas? I'd thought they are anti-Arod poster childs.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Teixeira, Blalock, Young, and Nix are prima donnas? I'd thought they are anti-Arod poster childs.
    LMAO! Sounds funny, but that's not the case. Taylor meant Rocker, Everett, Juanita Gonazalez, and Van Poppel I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Nope - above guys are not prima donnas, nor are they Hart's picks/players

Thank you Doug Melvin, from a long suffering Rangers fan...

AA ERA
    Rangers are showing zero heart against the Angels.

Rangers are showing zero heart against the Angels.
    Bad series, it happens. And Park is just plain horrible, too bad they won't just dump him like they did Astacio and Drese.

AA ERA
    Gerry Fraley mentioned how Chan Ho should get the same treatment as Dresse got in the SportsDay SportsBlog.

http://www.beloblog.com/sportssay/ar...ex.html#000646

BTW, I love reading the SportsBlog with the DMN writers. It's nice to hear the writers intereact with each other daily. I do participate with the writers too. Of course, I am not going to go out of my way to talk about John Hart with those guys because I don't want to lose credibility with them.

Gerry Fraley mentioned how Chan Ho should get the same treatment as Dresse got in the SportsDay SportsBlog.
    Gerry Fraley, June 23rd

The Drese line
    With Chan Ho Park past the Drese Line -- 6.00 ERA -- the Rangers have no choice but to dump him. The Rangers set the terms by what they did with Drese. Keeping Park around after 3 1/2 horrid seasons is hypocritical.

Gerry Fraley, June 16th

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....12a508fc.html

The Rangers' questionable decision to dump Drese last week looked really bad Wednesday night. In one throwing session with Washington, Drese apparently corrected the problems that puzzled the Rangers.

Drese won his debut with the Nationals, allowing only two hits in eight innings in a 1-0 victory at the Los Angeles Angels. The super-sinker that made Drese a 14-game winner for the Rangers last season returned. Of his 24 outs, 16 were on grounders.

Either Washington pitching coach Randy St. Claire is a certified genius or the Rangers' deep thinkers have a lot of explaining to do.

The club's decision to give up on Drese could affect two division races. It could handicap the Rangers in their pursuit of the Angels in the AL West, and it could give the upstart Nationals a needed push in the NL East.

Tidbit 2

If the Rangers are interested in cultivating talent – the only way to build a pitching staff without having a mega-payroll – they never should have let Drese get away.

Randy Galloway blames Jose Cuervo for his "Fair and Biased" flip-flopping opinions, what's Fraley's excuse for his flip-flop?