Thread: Braves Make A BIG Offer for Teixeria

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Braves Make A BIG Offer for Teixeria

Per Rotoworld.com:
    Sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that the Braves are offering Jarrod Saltalmacchia, Matt Harrison and Elvis Andrus to the Rangers for Mark Teixeira alone.

If that's the truth, why haven't the Rangers accepted it already? We wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers were floating this to try to get other teams to improve their offers. To get one of baseball's truly elite prospects and two more top-150 guys for a year and a third of Teixeira would be a fine deal for Texas.
    That is one hell of a deal. Even if the players don't align perfectly to fit their needs, the Rangers could surely flip someone like Andrus for pitching talent.

I know the Angels have been building a pretty big package with Kotchman, a prospect and the rumored pitcher of Nick Adenhart... so I guess the Rangers are going to see how far they can take this bidding war.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Braves Make A BIG Offer for Teixeria

The Braves' offer looks nice, but I can't recall the last Braves prospect whom John Schuerholz traded and has blossomed into a star elsewhere.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I don't really believe that offer actually happened because Texas would be stupid to have not taken it already. That is better than any Kotchman centered package the Angels could offer...not the best the Angel could do, but if Kotchman is the centerpiece, then yes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Salty Dog is different though, this isn't just an over-hyped Braves prospect that Schuerholz oversells through the strong foundation they give their players in the minors and mentioning the players on the MLB roster to allude to how strong the system is. Who knows what will or won't happen with him, but he is as close to the real deal that the Braves have had on the market for years.

(And Wainwright still has a shot, although his transition to starting this year and how hittable he has been is a concern.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I don't really believe that offer actually happened because Texas would be stupid to have not taken it already. That is better than any Kotchman centered package the Angels could offer...not the best the Angel could do, but if Kotchman is the centerpiece, then yes.
    If it's Nick Adenhart (I haven't seen that confirmed, just rumored), I would consider him the centerpiece of an Angels deal.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The thing that the Rangers' GM has on his side is that his consigliere, John Hart, is well familiar in dealing with John Schuerholz.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Braves Make A BIG Offer for Teixeria

They must feel like they can re-sign him as well. I don't know why they would give up that much for a rental.

Then again, I guess my Brewers did the same this week too!!

So, what the h*** do I know.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Braves are trying to get something with Texy
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

I came here, first time in months, hoping to see some feedback on the big trade. However, my hope was in vain as no one has mentioned the trade yet.
    Anyway, the deal is done.

To the Braves:
    Mark Teixiera(.297 BA , 13 HR , 49 RBI)
    Ron Mahay( 2.71 ERA , 2-0)

To the Rangers:
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia( .284 BA , 4 HR , 12 RBI in 141 AB)
    Elvis Andrus( 18 Year Old SS)
    2 Prospects( Probably Matt Harrison and Nefali Felix)

What are your views on the deal?

Honestly, I am happy with the deal. With only one year more on Teixiera's contract after this season and with Boras as his agent, the Rangers were unlikely to re-sign Teixeira.
    http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4...rangers1fc.jpg
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women, and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I'll probably waste."

MLB ERA

Multiple topics on the same subject is a waste of time.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Teixeira is off to an awesome start for the Braves homering in each of his first 2 games.
    Saltamacchia had an interesting debut for the Rangers. I believe he had a 2-run single in his first AB, and swung at the first pitch in his first 4 AB's. Also hit a couple of shots to the warning track so he looks like he could be a pretty good hitter if he becomes a little more patient.

I personally hate to see Teixeira leave. I was looking forward to a Teixeira/Kinsler/Blalock/Young infield for many years, but I guess it could work out for the Rangers if Saltamacchia turns out to be as good as people say he is. I really don't know much at all about him so what I know is just what I have heard other people say. Same goes for the other 2 guys Texas got.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000