Thread: Rangers Resurgence Update: June 14th-17th

MLB ERA

Rangers Resurgence Update: June 14th-17th

Since I have been slacking off the past week, I'll get caught up now.

The Rangers are finally getting on the winning side of things now having won 3 of their last 4 games.

The first was a 6-0 victory in Pittsburgh with Texas getting some very rare starting pitching. Kam Loe pitched 8 scoreless innings allowing just 5 hits and striking out 7 for the win. Only problem is 8 scoreless innings only lowered his ERA to 6.56 on the season. Doesn't say a lot for his season so far. Gerald Laird spurred the offense hitting his 4th homerun of the year and driving in 3 runs. Rookie Travis Metcalf also hit his first big league homerun.

The Rangers moved on to Cincinnati on the 15th, and got a winning streak going with a 7-6 victory over the Reds. Padilla started for Texas but got rocked for 6 runs on 12 hits over 5 innings, but somehow still managed to get the win. Sammy Sosa was a huge reason for that hitting the 599th homerun of his career and driving in 5 of the Rangers 7 runs. Ramon Vazquez also pitched in with his 4th homerun of the year.

The Reds romped over the Rangers in game 2 of the Cinci series dealing Texas an 8-4 loss. Jamey Wright made his 2nd start of the year, and first since April 10th, but gave up 4 runs on 9 hits over 5 innings for the loss. Travis Metcalf provided most of the offense going 2 for 4 with a double, a triple, and 2 runs batted in.

The Rangers finished off the series against the Reds with an offensive explosion scoring 11 runs on 12 hits en route to an 11-4 victory and a series win. Kevin Millwood started for Texas and actually had a decent game. He did give up 4 runs over 6 innings but walked just 2 and struck out 10 Reds batters. Lofton, Young, Byrd, and Melhuse all had multi-hit games and Byrd hit his first homerun of the year and drove in 3 runs. Adam Dunn hit 2 homeruns for the Reds but it wasn't enough as the rest of the Cincinnati offense couldn't get much going.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA

Re: Rangers Resurgence Update: June 14th-17th

Pitching needs to step up, esp from people like Millwood. And, they need to start beating conference teams like the M's, Angels, and A's if they have post-season aspirations.

MLB ERA

Re: Rangers Resurgence Update: June 14th-17th

I think post-season hopes are pretty much gone for this season. Mainly because of how horrible the #1 and #2 pitchers, Millwood and Padilla, have done so far this year. McCarthy has been solid more often then he's been bad, Tejeda has shown flashes of brilliance, but the revolving door in the #5 spot hasn't gotten it done. Loe pitched great last time out but is still having an overall horrible season. It'll be interesting to see though whenever Hurley and Diamond make the team, maybe Volquez too if he can get his act together.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Rangers Resurgence Update: June 14th-17th

Yeah their offense is definitely coming to life!!!

It all started by beating up on my Brewers! They took 2 of 3, with Cordero blowing 2 save opportunities in that series, his only 2 of the season thus far. Young is really starting to heat up, remember that I am a huge Young fan!!!

Good luck the rest of the year to you, Molina. I hope the Rangers can make some noise for you!