Thread: Slammin' Sammy is one HR away from 600

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Slammin' Sammy is one HR away from 600

CINCINNATI -- Sammy Sosa ended his home run drought in grand style and now is one away from history.
    Sosa hit his 599th career home run on Friday night with a grand slam off pitcher Matt Belisle in the fifth inning of the Rangers game with the Reds at Great American Ball Park.

Sosa hit an 0-1 fastball into the right-center-field seats and now needs just one more to become the fifth player in Major League history to hit 600. Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Babe Ruth and Willie Mays have already reached and passed that milestone.

Sosa's last home run was on May 22 off Minnesota Twins pitcher Johan Santana. He had gone 70 at-bats without a home run before going deep off Belisle.

Congrats to Sammy, one more to go!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Slammin' Sammy is one HR away from 600

good for sammy. despite his exit here in chicago i will always give him a thumbs up as he gave us so much fun for so long.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

I didn't know it was a grand slam, I need to watch that. He will hit # 600 soon enough.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

After nearly a month without a homer it's about time. Did in fine fashion though with a grand slam. Way to go Sammy!
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000