Thread: Danks traded to White Sox for McCarthy

MLB ERA

Danks traded to White Sox for McCarthy

LINK

I don't really know that much about McCarthy, but he is 23 and has put up respectable numbers in his young 2 year career. The Rangers don't seem to lack quality young relievers so hopefully the loss of Masset won't hurt too much. Losing Danks is obviously going to hurt but if McCarthy can pitch well it won't be so bad. At least we still have Diamond and Volquez, for now.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Mc Carthy is a starter, that the White Sox didn't have enouogh room for in their rotation last year. I really thought he would be their #4 or #5 this year. He has been and still is considered to be one of the top prospects in all of baseball. IMO, I you got a future star and should help your back end of your rotation this year and probably will move up to your #2 or #3 in the next couple of years. Time will tell I guess.

MLB ERA
    If McCarthy pitches like he's shown to be capable of when given the oppurtunity to start, the Rangers just fleeced the White Sox, that is unless Danks fulfills every bit of his potential.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

AA ERA
    This deal currently favors the Rangers because of McCarthy's development but I believe Danks ceiling is alot higher in terms of talent. Not to mention the White Sox also got Masset whom I also like.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett