Thread: The following Rangers bite

The following Rangers bite

Pedro Astacio (For a couple of starts he was making me eat crow, but it looks like he' returning to the bad pitching we all know and love, thank you Buck for putting Astacio above Ricardo Rodriguez).

Chan Ho Park (yeah yeah, nice starts - he's teasing, soon to return to his form and deliver the reliable no strike zone 86 mph fastball we've all come to expect, can't wait until he goes on the 600 day DL)

Rod Barajas (Anyone notice Gerald Laird is ripping AAA right now?)

Hildalgo (If the Yanks are stupid enough to take him off our hands, then they can have him)

AA ERA
    I guess the eternal sunshine streak is over, eh.

I am suprised Laird is in the minors. He had a very good year and he was on track to win the Rookie of the Year last year. I guess Rod is one of Buck's guys so Buck will be loyal to him no matter what happens.

There's always sunshine in my life, man, life is like beautiful. And yes, it's hard trying to be positive surrounded by all you gloom and doomers

Laird's in the minors because he chose the skip winter ball to allow his thumb to heal and this angered the Buck. And so Laird was punished with his job being replaced by a gritty old dude who is horrible but runs hard. The Buck did the same thing with Mench last year.

AA ERA
    Never get on Buck's bad side. He can screw people pretty good and that was his downfall in NY and in Phx.

Actually his downfall was attempting to do something he succeeded in last year here...trying to establish full authority of the team, his first two times resulted in a strong owner showing him the door.

Last year we had a weak owner who waffled out and showed the wrong guy out. Curious to see what the result will be with this year's draft, since then the roster management hasn't been too pleasing

AA ERA
    Taylor: I have no idea why you are so down on your team. I got to see them tonight against the White Sox and then this weekend against the Twins. Buck Showalter has done a very impressive job getting the most out of that team so far. He has done a great job mixing and matching that bullpen and getting so much out of so little with his starters. I came away impressed. I like to see your team win the AL West or Wild Card. That team got lot of winners IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Taylor: I have no idea why you are so down on your team. I got to see them tonight against the White Sox and then this weekend against the Twins. Buck Showalter has done a very impressive job getting the most out of that team so far. He has done a great job mixing and matching that bullpen and getting so much out of so little with his starters. I came away impressed. I like to see your team win the AL West or Wild Card. That team got lot of winners IMO.
    Love my team, bunch of team players. I just don't trust the management, especially the empty golf shirt GM who came to Texas with an attitude and talked tough, only to go into hiding when his gamble royally failed. It made his grandstanding in front of the cameras last year all the more miserable, the guy really is a fake.

Love Buck as a manager, so long as he respects the GM and doesn't pull a move like he did last year with Fuson (Goodness I'm excited yet very scared about the upcoming IV draft with these guys in charge) he'll be good, and Orel is a future GM.

If anything, having Buck run the show guarantees his buddy Gammons will lay off on the negative news....

AA ERA
    Texas is in first place and that's a credit to Buck IMO

Buck gets my vote for Manager of the Year if the season was over again. His team is chugging along.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Texas is in first place and that's a credit to Buck IMO

Buck gets my vote for Manager of the Year if the season was over again. His team is chugging along.
    How about the Empty Golf Shirt as GM of the year? No love for him??

AA ERA
    You know what? I don't like Hart personally for the reasons you cited as far as his personality goes. With that said, John Hart has done a very good job. If Buck Showalter loves him, who are you or I or Gerry Fraley to rip John Hart. Let's remember John Hart took a chance on Orel Hershiser as a pitching coach when Oscar Acosta was fired for arguing with his pitchers. I thought it was a stupid move, but it worked out great. Orel has made a transition well as a pitching coach. He is pretty underrated along with Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson. That's a credit to John Hart IMO. Hart obviously hired Orel as doing a favor, but Buck must have saw something in Orel that he loved. Buck always say great things with Hart. It seems Buck and John Hart have a very good chemistry.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Pedro Astacio (For a couple of starts he was making me eat crow, but it looks like he' returning to the bad pitching we all know and love, thank you Buck for putting Astacio above Ricardo Rodriguez).
    he has his first win, IIRC, in two years against the stumbling, bumbling A's...we make everyone look good this year. Same with Kevin Brown, he was stinking it up and them boom Cy Young performance. Hideo Nomo has 3 wins, 2 of them against the A's. Just save your scrubs for us and they'll do well