Thread: Rangers @ Angels (September 25th-27th)

MLB ERA

Rangers @ Angels (September 25th-27th)

Game 1 Recap
    The Angels jumped out to an early lead and never trailed in the game. The Rangers were down 6-2 after 4 innings with Angel homeruns coming from Vlad and Figgins. The only highlights of the game for Texas was Michael Young driving in his 100th run of the season, a new career, and Joaquin Arias going 2 for 3 with 2 runs scored out of the 9 spot in the order. Volquez continued to struggle allowing 5 runs on 9 hits over 3 innings and falling to 1-6 on the season.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    We could REALLY use the Rangers help over the next couple games.

MLB ERA
    I don't know why. With a 5 game lead you guys have the division all but locked up.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    I know but I just want to get this over with so we can rest some players and set our rotation.

That and I hate the Angels.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    I know but I just want to get this over with so we can rest some players and set our rotation.

That and I hate the Angels.
    Nothing to worry about now. The Angels have been eliminated from contention.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Game 2 Recap
    The Rangers finally managed to snap the 3 game losing streak and pull back to .500 for the season. The Ranger offense struck early and knocked Angel starter Kelvim Escobar out of the game after just 1.2 innings. Texas hit Escobar for all 5 of their runs on 7 hits over that short span to start the game. Two of the runs were courtesy of Mark Teixeira's 30th homerun of the year. Michael Young and Nelson Cruz each contributed 2 hits and an RBI in the game as well. Robinson Tejeda allowed 10 Angel hits over 6.2 innings but only let 1 run score improving his record to 5-4 and lowering his ERA to a very respectable 4.19. Juan Rivera hit an 8th inning solo-homerun off Ron Mahay to cut the Ranger lead to 5-2, but Wes Littleton pitched 2 perfect innings to finish out the game and notch the first save of his big league career.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    I watched most of the game last night and what a performance by Tejeda. If I understand correctly you guys picked him up in a trade for Derosa? Either way I'm not looking forward to that guy next year.

Again nice job Texas.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    I watched most of the game last night and what a performance by Tejeda. If I understand correctly you guys picked him up in a trade for Derosa? Either way I'm not looking forward to that guy next year.

Again nice job Texas.
    I'm not exactly sure but he might have been involved in the Dellucci trade.

PSLJedi31-448th00000