Thread: Rangers Injury Update

AAA ERA

Rangers Rangers Injury Update

Post recent unfortunate injurys and updates in here. Didnt see another injury related thread so started this.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

AAA ERA

Rangers

Brad Wilkerson said Friday that he's considering undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery. Wilkerson is hitting just .175 in the second half and has become a part-time player. If Wilkerson does indeed shut things down for the year, Matt Stairs will pick up his at-bats and become a much better option in AL-only leagues.

-Rotoworld

I think it would be a great idea if he got surgery and I hope thats why he has struggled so much.
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    I agree on it being a good idea to go ahead with surgery. The guy is not helping the team right now. I would like to see what Stairs could do full-time over the last couple of months. Especially hitting in Texas.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Kip Wells flew back to Texas to have his sore shoulder examined and will miss his scheduled start Monday against the A's. This is the last thing the Rangers needed after Adam Eaton's first-inning ejected tonight. "He's has some soreness flare up behind his shoulder," manager Buck Showalter said. "It's the first time he's felt it all year. He said he felt a little fatigue there after the fifth inning in Minnesota. It just hasn't abated enough for us to feel comfortable pitching him tomorrow." Edinson Volquez, who had been on the DL at Triple-A Oklahoma, will be called up to replace Wells. -Rotoworld

Damn if Kip goes on the DL that would suckkk. I heard that the organization doesnt want to call up Danks to the big team at all this season simply because they dont want to rush him anymore than the previous management (Hicks) did. So could we see Rheinecker back up? meh this should be interesting lets hope its nothing serious.

MLB ERA
    Especially with the way he has been pitching lately we can't afford for him to have a serious injury. I would be against calling up Danks too. There is no need to risk his future by rushing him. Maybe if they do have to bring Rheinecker back up he'll pitch a little better than he had been. I can only hope.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Kip Wells on the DL. Scott Feldman has been called up from AAA to take his place.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    Kip Wells on the DL. Scott Feldman has been called up from AAA to take his place.
    After his last outing against Seattle, I'm not sure I care. lol
    I had hoped for better since he gave up 1 run in 5 IP in his debut.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Well Kip was injured during his last outting, therefore leading to him getting bombed...

I care and I hope he gets healthy soon. I like Feldman lets see him pitch like Wes.

MLB ERA
    I forgot I read he pitched hurt last time. Of course, when has the guy not been hurt the last few years.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    According to MLB.com, Kip Wells will miss at least the next 3 weeks of the season. After the 3 weeks he will be evaluated to see if he needs surgery, which would end put an end to his season.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    More injury news out of Arlington.

Brad Wilkerson has now been placed on the DL.
    Outfielder Freddie Guzman has been called up from Triple A Oklahoma to take Wilkerson's place.

PSLJedi31-448th00000