Thread: Rangers Fans Roll Call

MLB ERA

Rangers Fans Roll Call

In an effort to better get to know your fellow Rangers fan here at S3F, I would like anyone who considers themselves a Rangers fan to fill out the following information. Even if you are primarily a fan of another team and just casual like the Rangers feel free to reply.

How long have you followed the Rangers?
    Who is your favorite current member of the Rangers?
    Who is your all-time favorite Ranger?
    What is your favorite moment in Ranger history?
    Anything else you want to say?

Here is mine:
    How long have you followed the Rangers? Eight years, religiously since the 1998 season.

Who is your favorite current Ranger and why? Michael Young. Besides being one of the best shortstops in the game, and arguably the best clutch hitter in the game, he is also a great team player, which was proven by his volunteering to move from second base to shortstop when the Rangers traded for Alfonso Soriano.

Who is your all-time favorite Ranger and why? Ivan Rodriguez. For over a decade Pudge was the heart and soul of the Ranger organization. He is not only a great offensive player winning the AL MVP in '99, not only the greatest defense catcher in baseball history, not only a 10 time all-star with Texas, but who else in the game struck the kind of fear into opposing base-runners that Pudge did? He could hit almost anything, anywhere near the strike zone, and a lot of stuff that was way out of the zone. By far one of the most exciting players in Rangers history. I only regret that I never had the chance to see him play as a Ranger in person.

What is your favorite Ranger moment since you became a fan? September 26th, 1999. Rafael Palmeiro hit a grand slam and the Rangers beat the Oakland A's 10-3 to clinch the AL West for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. Esteban Loaiza was the winning pitcher allowing 1 run on 4 hits over 7 innings.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    First I'd like to say that I am not necessarily a Rangers' fan, but I respect them.
    How long have you followed the Rangers? off and on since the 1970's
    Who is your favorite current member of the Rangers? Mark Teixeira

Who is your all-time favorite Ranger? Nolan Ryan
    What is your favorite moment in Ranger history? When Nolan Ryan threw his last no-hitter.
    Anything else you want to say? I got a chance to see a game in the Ballpark in Arlington (I refuse to call it by it's new name) and was very impressed. We sat in probably the worst seats in the place -- just behind the home team bullpen, but we were able to see the pitchers warming up. I was very impressed with Otsuka's stuff in the bullpen (this was at the end of April) and I suggested to a friend that he'd be a good closer. I think I was right.
    I do believe the Rangers are a couple of pitchers from being a legitimate world series contender.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well Molina, I guess you know my feelings towards teh Rangers.. Dont love, dont hate. But as you may have picked up, they have some of my favorite players in the league, Michael Young/Carlos Lee. I really would like to follow Nelson Cruz's progress. So every now and then keep me posted on him too.

BTW, I am still willing to give the Rangers OHKA, Davis, and Mench for Young and Blalock..

Just Kidding.. Even though I would love to have Young on the Brewers.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Oh and BTW.......... Ditto on what catman said about being a contender.

Is Buck coming back next? Thought I heard something the other day that he may NOT? Is that true?

MLB ERA
    It seems like Buck will be back next year but there seems to be a lot of speculation on it. Here is a link about it if you are interested.

And don't worry. I don't think Young and Blalock are going anywhere.
    At least not Young anyway.

Thanks for the post catman. I was thinking that nobody was going to reply to this since it had been almost 2 months. I definately agree with you on the Ballpark in Arlington thing. I may have called it by it's new name once but they really should not have changed the name.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Cool, thanks for the info.