Thread: Nelson Cruz, Street & Smith Write up

AAA ERA

Rangers Nelson Cruz, Street & Smith Write up

I thought I would just post this little write up about Nelson Cruz from the street and smith magazine 06 basseball season preview that I had sitting around my place.

Brewers Top Prospect #5

"Emerged as a legitimate power threat, hitting .289-27-89 between AAA and AA, but he must improve his strike-zone judgement. He has the strong arm required to play right field."
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Sounds like a pretty promising player. Can't argue with the strike zone judgement part though. He's striking out once in every 3 AB's so far. Of course he hasn't had much time yet.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Funny, he won the prospect of the year for them last year. Could turn into a good 20-80 guy. Still scratching my head as to why they threw him into the deal.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Hey Thanks...

For the information on Nelson Cruz. I hope he does well for you guys!!!!!!!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Cruz...

He was part of the deal because C. Lee and G. Matthews are both FA's at years end. I think the Rangers are just trying to protect themselves just in case one or both sign somewhere else. I think Matthews, Jr. is going to be more resignable than Lee just because Lee has better career stats, and Matthews is having a career year (if you catch my drift).

Or maybe the Rangers will just let Matthews go and focus on C. Lee.. Who knows. It is just a thought!!!!!!!!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    He was part of the deal because C. Lee and G. Matthews are both FA's at years end. I think the Rangers are just trying to protect themselves just in case one or both sign somewhere else. I think Matthews, Jr. is going to be more resignable than Lee just because Lee has better career stats, and Matthews is having a career year (if you catch my drift).

Or maybe the Rangers will just let Matthews go and focus on C. Lee.. Who knows. It is just a thought!!!!!!!!!
    After all Matthews has meant to the team this year, I sure do hope they can resign him. He has finally proven himself to be a quality everyday player and with his previous Ranger experience I don't think it is just a fluke. If Cruz works out like he is projected to that could be a pretty nice outfield of Matthews, Lee and Cruz.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Yes, that definitely would be a nice outfield for you guys.....