Thread: Rangeres Acquire Matt Stairs

AAA ERA

Rangers Rangeres Acquire Matt Stairs

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Rangers have acquired first baseman/designated hitter Matt Stairs from the Kansas City Royals for Minor League pitcher Joselo Diaz on Monday.

Stairs was hitting .261 with eight home runs and 32 RBIs in 77 games and 226 at-bats for the Royals. All but 29 at-bats were against right-handed pitching.
    Diaz started the season at Double-A Frisco and was 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA in eight games before being promoted to Triple-A Oklahoma. He pitched in 28 games for the RedHawks without a decision and had a 3.28 ERA with four saves in 28 games.

The Rangers seemed close to acquiring veteran right-hander Jon Lieber from the Philadelphia Phillies. But he ended up making his start on Monday against the Florida Marlins and was pummeled for nine runs on 13 hits, including three home runs, in 4 2/3 innings. He is now 4-8 with a 6.09 ERA, which isn't exactly appetizing, considering he is also signed for next year at $7.5 million.
    www.Texasrangers.com

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They did need some big white guy to replace Mench
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    I don't know why we needed him but at least Texas didn't give up too much for him.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    They need pitching. Texas needs pitching! Getting more offensive players wont get the job done.

AA ERA
    I hope they got him to trade him. He's only going to take up a roster spot. But then again, maybe it moves Jerry "Sure out" Hairston Jr. out of here
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.