Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers @ Twins (July 31st-August 2nd)

MLB ERA

Rangers @ Twins (July 31st-August 2nd)

Projected Matchups
    Game 1: John Rheinecker vs. Carlos Silva
    Game 2: Adam Eaton vs. Scott Baker
    Game 3: Vicente Padilla vs. Francisco Liriano

Game 1 Matchup Notes
    Rheinecker: He has not pitched well at all in his last 3 starts against the AL East. He has allowed 13 runs on 24 hits over 11.2 innings in his last 3 starts. In his only other start against the Twins this year, John allowing 3 runs on 9 hits over 6 innings and took the loss.

Silva: After posting a 3.44 ERA last year, Silva has an ERA near 7 so far this year. He has been hit hard in July going 2-1 with an 8.44 ERA in 5 starts. In 2 starts against the Rangers this season Silva has allowed 10 runs on 17 hits in 7.2 innings and has a 1-1 record.

Game 2 Matchup Notes
    Eaton: Adam will be making his 2nd start as a Ranger after being scratched from his previously start due to food poisoning. He allowed 3 runs on 1 hit and 4 walks while striking out 4 in 3.2 innings in a losing effort against the Yankees in his Ranger debut.

Baker: This will be only Baker's 3rd start in July. He pitched decently against the D-Rays in his first start this month allowing 3 runs in 6 innings and struck out 6, but was hit hard for 6 runs on 9 hits in 5.1 innings against the Indians. This is Baker's first career start against the Rangers.

Game 3 Matchup Notes
    Padilla: Despite being hammered by the Royals in his last start (7 runs on 9 hits in 3.2 innings) he is still the Rangers ace with a respectable 4.36 ERA. In his only other start against the Twins this year, Padilla gave up 3 runs on 3 hits in 6 innings but took the loss.

Liriano: Seemingly the front-runner for AL ROY, Liriano has been on fire this month going 4-1 with a 1.51 ERA and striking out 55 batters in 41 innings. In 1 start and 1 relief appearance against Texas this year, Liriano has allowed just 8 hits and 3 walks in 10 scoreless innings while striking out 11.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Kip Wells is expected to replace Rheino in the rotation. I doubt that means today, but yeah. All that hype for a pitcher. And its Kip. *clap*
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    Kip Wells is expected to replace Rheino in the rotation. I doubt that means today, but yeah. All that hype for a pitcher. And its Kip. *clap*
    Hype? How that can that guy have any hype? lol
    The way Rheinecker has been pitching I wouldn't mind seeing what Kip can do tonight if he did start.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    Hype? How that can that guy have any hype? lol
    The way Rheinecker has been pitching I wouldn't mind seeing what Kip can do tonight if he did start.
    I was talking about the hype about getting someone like Oswalt or Willis. Kip wasn't even rumored and he's terrible. Why? Why? Why?
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    I was talking about the hype about getting someone like Oswalt or Willis. Kip wasn't even rumored and he's terrible. Why? Why? Why?
    Oh, right. heh
    Oswalt would have been nice but there really wasn't anything worth Texas's time that was available.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Wells is 2-1 and has a 1.83 Era over his last 3 starts.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    good start by former Athletic minor leaguer Rheinecker giving up a homer to a guy who had 18 career ABs before that one...5 - 0 Twinkies

AAA ERA
    6-0

Last game for Rhino, getting sent down after this game.
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    letting him get hammered like this should do wonders for his confidence

MLB ERA
    I know there is still 2 months left in the season, but I really do feel like writing off Texas from the division race now.

Except for last night, they haven't done anything right on the field in the last week.

It's a good thing Rheinecker is going down after this. He was off to a great start earlier in the year and looked like he was going to be a mainstay in the rotation, but he clearly has some things he needs to work out after this horrible July.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    letting him get hammered like this should do wonders for his confidence
    Meh, who cares? I'm fine with him hanging in AAA for as long as he wants. Well, as long as Juan Dominguez is still crapping out in the A's minors.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    Meh, who cares? I'm fine with him hanging in AAA for as long as he wants. Well, as long as Juan Dominguez is still crapping out in the A's minors.
    I was referring to tonight...dominguez is garbage as is rheinecker...irrelevant trade

AAA ERA
    Gonna watch the A's Angels game this should be a great series. Had enough of the Rangers tonight .

MLB ERA
    Besides the fact that Blalock and Teixeira each went 2 for 4 and Tex hit his 15th homerun, there is nothing else worth saying.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    Besides the fact that Blalock and Teixeira each went 2 for 4 and Tex hit his 15th homerun, there is nothing else worth saying.
    Nelson Cruz hit his first career homer too That kid is going to be a beast.

Oh and in AAA last night, John Danks started and K'd the first 5 batters he faced. A tough 3rd bumped up his pitch count and he gave up a homer. 5 innings and 3 runs, 2 walks and 7 K's. Pretty good, but really needs to get that pitch count down.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast