Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers @ Twins (July 31st-August 2nd)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    Nelson Cruz hit his first career homer too That kid is going to be a beast.

Oh and in AAA last night, John Danks started and K'd the first 5 batters he faced. A tough 3rd bumped up his pitch count and he gave up a homer. 5 innings and 3 runs, 2 walks and 7 K's. Pretty good, but really needs to get that pitch count down.
    Wow, how did I miss that? lol
    Good for him. If we somehow are not able to resign Lee it'll be nice if he can turn into a solid everyday player.

Who thinks we could get a taste of Danks and maybe Volquez this September? I can't wait to see what Danks can do at the MLB level.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    I'm sure Volquez is going to be a lock for the September call, but I don't know about Danks. He's striking guys out like usual, but he's given up 10 homers in just 40 innings at AAA. Probably has to do with the fact that he's the youngest player in AAA right now though.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    What a rocking yesterday.

MLB ERA
    The Rangers are having a great game tonight after possibly their worst game of the season last night. Adam Eaton, in only his 2nd start of the season, is looking solid. Six scoreless innings so far with only 4 hits allowed, although he has also walked 4. The Rangers currently lead 8-0 in the 7th and all 8 runs came in the 4th inning off Scott Baker.

Gary Matthews Jr. has the big hit in the game with a 4th inning grand slam. Michael Young made it back-to-back homeruns hitting his 10th of the season.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    That Matthews slam was Griffey-esque. At least the swing and then hesitation when it went out. It was completely amazing. After it landed 15 rows back in the upper deck, somewhere in Wisconsin, I am sure that ball was the farthest I have ever seen hit.

Oh and for the best news yet: Francisco Liriano to miss his start tomorrow with inflammation in his elbow.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

AAA ERA
    That Grand Slam from Matthews was SICK! Eaton was throwing some nasty stuff out on the mound just needs to get those walks down. Looks like we caught a little break going against BOOF Bonser tommorow afternoon . Hopefully we can win and take the series...
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    If we can get something going against Boof we should have a good chance since I think Padilla is starting for Texas.

While the Rangers are still a game under .500, they are only 3 game back now and moved out of the cellar after their 1 game stint down there.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    If we can get something going against Boof we should have a good chance since I think Padilla is starting for Texas.

While the Rangers are still a game under .500, they are only 3 game back now and moved out of the cellar after their 1 game stint down there.

Wells is starting tonight. He's going to pitch in the LAA Angels series. I'm looking forward to seeing what Wells has tonight.
    http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4...rangers1fc.jpg
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women, and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I'll probably waste."

AAA ERA
    Nice bottom 4th inning... Really opened the floodgates and got most of the runs with 2 outs.
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

AAA ERA
    Kip Wells looking good..,

MLB ERA
    The Rangers have their 2nd straight game and have pulled back to .500 on the season. Kip Wells Ranger debut turned out a lot better than I expected. He gave up 7 hits in 5 innings but only allowed 1 run. Mark Teixeira hit 2 homeruns in a game for the first time since his 3 homerun game against the Orioles on July 13th, 20 games ago. DeRosa went 3 for 4 and scored twice, Laird doubled twice and drove in 3 runs, and Kinsler also contributed a couple of hits and runs scored.

The Rangers also turned a franchise record 6 double plays in today's game.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12