Thread: Carlos Lee to the Rangers?

MLB ERA

Carlos Lee to the Rangers?

That's what it's looking like. According to ESPN the Rangers are acquiring Brewers slugger Carlos Lee in exchange for outfielders Kevin Mench, Laynce Nix and former ace closer Francisco Cordero. The Rangers would also receive outfield prospect Nelson Cruz and a player to be named later in the deal. It has not been finalized yet as the teams are checking for medical issues first.

If this does actually go down, I have seriously mixed feelings about this deal. I have always liked Carlos Lee and he is obviously a very good hitter who would provide some needed punch in the Ranger lineup, but I am also a big fan of Mench and Cordero. I don't think Rangers are going to be too happy with this trade. Mench is a favorite in the Texas community and has been active in all kinds of charity organizations and charity work in the area.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...e=MLBHeadlines
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Yup just heard it on the Radio. Im loving this deal I truely am. Lee will put up some big numbers in our ballpark no doubt about it.

I like Coco despite the rough season he is having but hey you gotta do what you gotta do. Kinda suprised Nix got throwin into the deal but whatever.

Is it safe to say that this wont be our only deal before the deadline?
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    It's tough to say on if any more deals will get done. Daniels priority is on pitching but there is so little of any real quality available. If this deal goes through Texas obviously won't need to trade for anymore offense, so who knows.

Cordero wasn't having all that rough of a season either. Outside of his horrible April he posted an ERA of 2.51 in May, 2.08 in June, and had a 0.97 ERA in July until his last outing where he gave up 4 runs.

Giving up Nix is now real big deal to me. Seems like he was either hurt or not a very big produce when he was healthy. The Rangers always have a jam in the outfield anyway. Now they will have Lee, Matthews, Wilkerson, and DeRosa as guys who can start in the outfield.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Were also getting Nelson Cruz who is a top prospect in their organization. The guy hit 27 Home Runs in AA-AAA last season. Whether we are able to resign Lee in the offseason will be the determining factor as to who won this deal. But right now Im loving this deal.
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I keep forgetting Cruz. All I think of is getting Lee (who may or may not resign) and losing Mench and Cordero. heh
    I'm interested to see who the PTBNL will be. I wish we could get Doug Davis back, despite his 5.01 ERA this year.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA

Rangers

Carlos Lee
    Code:
    GM 	HR 	RBI 	 R 	OBP 	Avg
    102 	28 	81 	60 	.347 	.286
    Solid numbers on Lee, Easily well on pace to have his best season yet. Not to mention he is no slouch in the outfield.

Nelson Cruz is one of those Late Bloomer type players. He is borderline MLB ready right now but next season we should see him make the team and have a solid impact. The guy is 26 right now. He is a good base stealer and possess good power, also has a strong arm in the field.

MLB ERA
    Lee actually is a pretty big slouch in the outfield. His defense is well below average.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Lee actually is a pretty big slouch in the outfield.
    emphasis mine...he's a big boy...part of why the Brewers didn't want to sign him long-term...they think he'll be a better DH because he's not that great of fielder and he's huge...putting a lot of weight on those joints.

AAA ERA
    Well whenever I watch him play he looks good in the outfield. Whatever though im still happy we landed him.

MLB ERA
    And were able to land him without giving up any of our pitching prospects either.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'm sure he'll DH anyway with DeRosa, Matthews Jr., and Wilkerson playing OF...I had read that Buck favored DeRosa in the OF over Mench, so now Mench is gone

M's fan to the fullest
    AA ERA

Brewers

The Brewers are sending Lee, minor league outfield prospect Nelson Cruz to the Rangers for relief pitcher Francisco Cordero and outfielders Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix.

Good move for the Rangers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2532418

AA ERA
    This is truly a great deal for the Rangers. The trick will be whether we can sign Lee to a long term deal and if so we made out like kings. I figured we would have to do Danks in a deal for him. Holy crap. I mean, holy shit.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.