Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Related Rumors

AAA ERA

Rangers Rangers Related Rumors

Just a couple of rumors swirling around here.

July24th
    - Yankees are interested in Mench, But most likely will not deal the prospects that the rangers want.
    - Rangers are interested in Luis Gonzalez, But he probably wouldnt waive his no trade provision.
    - Rangers are interested in Todd Walker
    - Rangers are willing to deal Edison Volquez & Thomas Diamond for pitching. (Willis?)

July25th
    - Rangers have shown some interest in right-hander Guillermo Mota
    - Jake Westbrook, Freddy Garcia, and Jason Schmidt are all top tier pitchers that Daniels has considered trading for, Whether he will or will not trade for them remains to be seen.

July26th
    - Rangers are still showing a considerable amount of interest in Todd Walker.
    - Rangers might make a deal for Carlos Lee
    - Rangers are still interested in pitchers Schmidt, Garcia, Westbrook, And now Lieber.

July27th
    - Rangers are the leading candidates to get Jake Westbrook, But the Cleveland Indians have not made it clear whether they want to deal him or keep him.

July28th
    - Rangers have shown interest in pitchers Cory Lidle, and Mark Redman. Asking price might be a little high for Cory Lidle but adding Redman is a real possibility.
    - Interest has been expressed by other teams in reliever Bryan Corey. The Rangers might be able to trade him rather than losing him on an outright release.

July29th
    - Chances the Rangers sign Lee after the season: No better than 50-50. He's already turned down $48 million from the Brewers. He's probably going to want $13 million-14 million a year
    - DMN Believes that the Rangers will make another big deal that will stun us before the deadline.
    - Anyone want Brad Wilkerson? Rangers are looking to trade him but not many takers.
    - 7 teams are now interested in acquiring Tejada.

July30th
    - Although there had been reports that the Rangers were interested in pursuing Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada, possibly centering a package around Hank Blalock, the Rangers appear to have backed out of that pursuit.
    - Rangers are still shopping Blalock around.
    - Pitchers names that are contiune to get thrown around and could happen Mark Redman and Jon Lieber if Philadelphia picks up a significant portion of his $7.5 million contract for 2007.
    - The Texas Rangers have asked about acquiring Astros closer Brad Lidge, who might bring third baseman Hank Blalock in return to the Astros.

Ill try to keep this updated.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    I had been hearing that on Mench. Probably not much chance of him going to the Yanks though.

Why would we need or want Luis Gonzalez? I am assuming you mean the D-Backs slugger.

Why would we want, or need, Todd Walker?

Volquez and Diamond aren't far away from being MLB ready I don't think so I would say hold on to them. No sense in trading our own potential young stars for other established stars who cost a lot of money.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Mench is unlikely to move because of the Ranger demands, rightfully so, and the lack of severe need in the OF for other teams.

I hope we don't go after Gonzalez. It's been talked about that he would replace Mench if we were to trade him, but Phil Nevin anyone? He's pretty much the same guy that we don't need.

What's the point of Walker? We've already got Kinsler, DeRosa, and JHJ.

And I hope we never move Volquez or Diamond unless we are getting somewhere of the Willis caliber, but that won't happen.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

AAA ERA
    I agree, I hope we do not trade Volquez or Diamond. There was talk about Diamond possibly moving to the bullpen as a closer earlier this season but that talk has dissapeared with his play lately. Looks like hes coming around with Frisco.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    With the Rangers ever present need for starting pitching, and already having Coco and Aki, moving Diamond into the bullpen would be just stupid.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    With the Rangers ever present need for starting pitching, and already having Coco and Aki, moving Diamond into the bullpen would be just stupid.
    I beleive the talk centered around Diamond's control issues. He leads Frisco in walks, while also leading in strikeouts. Some Ranger officials thought it might be best for him to become a closer so that his control issues wouldn't be that apparent. After that promotion Danks received, it looks like Diamond's game is on and there haven't been any problems lately.

Oh, and if anyone missed it, Eric Hurley was promoted to Frisco where he made a favorable impression in his debut. 6 innings, 2 ER, 3 K's, 2 walks, and 5 hits. The homerun he allowed was against the #4 hitter, so all in all he was pretty solid. Ben Harrison also homered for the first time as a RoughRider.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I don't know much about Diamond and Danks (I'll have to do some research), but from what I've read and seen of Volquez, he doesn't seem like anything special...i.e. expendable

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    I don't know much about Diamond and Danks (I'll have to do some research), but from what I've read and seen of Volquez, he doesn't seem like anything special...i.e. expendable
    Volquez has a 3.37 ERA at AAA Oklahoma(Ninth best ERA in the Pacific Coast League). He also has 119 strikeouts; third highest in the PCL. Most Ranger fans don't find him that expendable at this point!

By the way.

Wasn't Diamond just put on the 15 day DL with forearm soreness or some such? I hope he can rebound successfully from the DL. I'm sure he will.
    http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4...rangers1fc.jpg
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women, and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I'll probably waste."

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyfatty4
    Wasn't Diamond just put on the 15 day DL with forearm soreness or some such? I hope he can rebound successfully from the DL. I'm sure he will.
    Yeah, it was a precautionary thing. SP Omar Poveda, 18 years old, was promted to take his spot in the rotation and fared well in his first start. He'll probably make one more and get sent to Bakersfield after Diamond is back. Oh, and Poveda is a full 4 years younger than any of his Frisco teammates.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyfatty4
    Volquez has a 3.37 ERA at AAA Oklahoma(Ninth best ERA in the Pacific Coast League). He also has 119 strikeouts; third highest in the PCL. Most Ranger fans don't find him that expendable at this point!
    well, he didn't do that well last year and he sucked in ST trying to compete for a spot...so while it's good he's doing well in AAA, he's yet to show that he can bring that success to the majors.

AA ERA
    well, he didn't do that well last year and he sucked in ST trying to compete for a spot...so while it's good he's doing well in AAA, he's yet to show that he can bring that success to the majors.
    How's Joe Blanton doing?
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    he's partying and getting fat...enjoying the good life

He was in the top 10 for ERA last year though, which is more than Volquez has done at the major league level.

AA ERA
    he's partying and getting fat...enjoying the good life
    Haha. Good for him Sidney Ponson in the making?
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31

July25th
    - Rangers have shown some interest in right-hander Guillermo Mota
    - Jake Westbrook, Freddy Garcia, and Jason Schmidt are all top tier pitchers that Daniels has considered trading for, Whether he will or will not trade for them remains to be seen.

Ill try to keep this updated.
    I wouldn't mind Westbrook or Garcia. Schmidt is too old and too expensive. Garcia would probably be expensive too but he isn't that old and is still a very solid pitcher. Westbrook would no doubt be the cheapest of the bunch but he doesn't seem like he would be that much of an upgrade over our current guys, except maybe Koronka.

Mota would be a nice addition to any pen but right now the Rangers have one of the best bullpen's in baseball of late and I wouldn't want to see them give up too much for him.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I wouldn't mind Westbrook or Garcia. Schmidt is too old and too expensive. Garcia would probably be expensive too but he isn't that old and is still a very solid pitcher. Westbrook would no doubt be the cheapest of the bunch but he doesn't seem like he would be that much of an upgrade over our current guys, except maybe Koronka.

Mota would be a nice addition to any pen but right now the Rangers have one of the best bullpen's in baseball of late and I wouldn't want to see them give up too much for him.
    I doubt Westbrook is cheaper than Garcia. It was reported that the Indians would look to get one of the DVD's and maybe Mench for him. His great groundball ratio would do wonders in the Ballpark, but I still wouldn't give all that for him.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast