Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Related Rumors

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    If we could get something for Brian Corey that would be great. Also wouldnt mind trading for Redman if we dont have to give up much, Supposedly the Royals arent asking for much for him. Not a fan of Cory Lidle at all, lets stay away from him.
    I'm not a big fan of any of the SP's available right now. I guess if we could get Redman for cheap though we should. He is overall a bad pitcher but is really hot right now.

If the Rangers lose Corey the are really going to feel it now since they traded Cordero. Two of their best relievers gone.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    According to another message board, ESPN has said that the Rangers are leading in the Tejada chase. The deal would include Blalock and Arias while the Rangers may ask Young to move over to 3B.

I'm not liking that really.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

AAA ERA
    Not digging that either.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

AAA ERA

Rangers

Astros, Angels, And Rangers hot in pursuit of Tejada
    Several teams make tempting offers for Tejada

The Astros, Angels and Rangers are offering significant major-league talent for Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada, FOXSports.com has learned.

Orioles owner Peter Angelos, who said last month that the team would not trade Tejada, could reconsider his position due to the quality of the proposals. The Angels are offering right-hander Ervin Santana and Class AAA shortstop Erick Aybar, according to multiple major-league sources.

The Astros are offering "prime major-league pieces," a major-league source says, topping the proposal they made for Tejada last off-season – closer Brad Lidge, shortstop Adam Everett and an outfielder, either Jason Lane or Willy Taveras.

The Rangers' package is centered around third baseman Hank Blalock, though the team is believed to be more intent on improving their pitching after parting with setup man Francisco Cordero in their trade for Brewers left fielder Carlos Lee.

The Tigers also have shown recent interest in Tejada, who has emerged as a hot trade commodity in part because he is signed through 2009 at an average salary of nearly $13 million per season.

Angelos, however, is a slow, painstaking negotiator who might not be prepared to move Tejada before Monday's non-waiver deadline, if he is willing to move him at all.
    The Angels, pushing hard to add an impact hitter, also are among the teams pursuing Nationals left fielder Alfonso Soriano, who is a free agent at the end of the season.

But considering the Nationals' steep asking price for two months of Soriano, the Angels might prefer three-plus years of Tejada, whom they likely would move to third base. Tejada also would play third for the Rangers, who have lots of the young pitching that the Orioles desire.
    The Astros, who have become increasingly aggressive in their search for another slugger, would play Tejada at shortstop and send their current shortstop, Everett, to the Orioles.

Everett also was part of the Tejada discussions last off-season. The talks died after Tejada rescinded his request to be traded.

Lidge, who is struggling this season, likely would not be included in the Astros' revised package; the Orioles are happy with their young closer, right-hander Chris Ray.
    The Angels, sources say, made the second-best offers for the Brewers' Lee, who went to the Rangers on Friday, and Indians first baseman Ben Broussard, who went to the Mariners on Wednesday.

Aybar, who is batting .314 with a .361 on-base percentage and a .480 slugging percentage at Class AAA Salt Lake, was the centerpiece of the Angels' offer for Lee, and the player that the Indians wanted for Broussard.

www.FOXSPORTS.com
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    According to another message board, ESPN has said that the Rangers are leading in the Tejada chase. The deal would include Blalock and Arias while the Rangers may ask Young to move over to 3B.

I'm not liking that really.
    No, no, no, and NO!

We just got Carlos Lee. Why in the world do we need Tejada? If Teixeira and Blalock were playing up to their potential we would have the best infield in baseball. After he voluntarily moved to short, and has proven himself to be possible gold glove caliber, I would personally hate to see Young move over the third. I couldn't care less about Arias since we obviously have Young and Kinsler in the middle infield, but I do not want to lose Blalock. Especially after Mench has been dealt. I really like Tejada, he's a great player, but if this happens I will not be happy.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Word going around is that the Rangers interest in Tejada is merely a ploy to raise the Angel's offer. JD is working on getting some starting pitching.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    Word going around is that the Rangers interest in Tejada is merely a ploy to raise the Angel's offer. JD is working on getting some starting pitching.
    I hope that's the case. I hope he doesn't have to give up too much to get starting pitching because I am really not too impressed with what is available right now.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I hope that's the case. I hope he doesn't have to give up too much to get starting pitching because I am really not too impressed with what is available right now.
    Yeah, neither am I. If we can get Oliver Perez out of Pitt real cheap, then I'm all for it but why in the world are there rumors of Redman? He's worse than Rheinecker. Oh, and it might be time for Volquez to come back up. Last night: 6 innings, 4 hits, 3 walks, 11 k's and no runs.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    Edison Volquez is a *****. Just see SBSL.

AAA ERA
    This would be a horrible deal in so many more ways than one. In my opinion Hank Blalock is just as good as Tejada and younger just having an off season, Blalock for Tejada alone would be an even deal. But then you throw in Arias who has the potential to be just as good as Tejada without the power.

Plus I would hate to see Blalock go I love the guy.

AA ERA
    Olney of ESPN is reporting that the Rangers lead in the Brad Lidge discussions.

I'm hoping something like Blalock (though I'd hate to lose him, he is our best trade bait) and Whiffy for Lidge, Ensberg, and either Hunter Pence/Jason Hirsch.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

AA ERA
    Jayson Stark is now reporting the Rangers offer has been declined and Lidge is off the market. We apparently offered Barajas and Whiffy and they said no thanks.

In other rumors, the Rangers are "close to a trade" with the Marlins for who? Dontrelle Willis. This was a rumor that was heavily spread throughout the stadium during the game against KC. ESPN radio also reported that the deal was getting close as it is centered around Blalock and a DVD. Who knows? It's just rumor, but I like this one. And because I like it, its probably unlikely.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

AAA ERA

Rangers

Jayson Stark is now reporting the Rangers offer has been declined and Lidge is off the market. We apparently offered Barajas and Whiffy and they said no thanks.

In other rumors, the Rangers are "close to a trade" with the Marlins for who? Dontrelle Willis. This was a rumor that was heavily spread throughout the stadium during the game against KC. ESPN radio also reported that the deal was getting close as it is centered around Blalock and a DVD. Who knows? It's just rumor, but I like this one. And because I like it, its probably unlikely.
    Wow thats crazy but I really wouldnt mind giving up Diamond & something other than blalock maybe Wilkerson for Willis.

MLB ERA
    July29th
    - Chances the Rangers sign Lee after the season: No better than 50-50. He's already turned down $48 million from the Brewers. He's probably going to want $13 million-14 million a year
    - DMN Believes that the Rangers will make another big deal that will stun us before the deadline.
    - Anyone want Brad Wilkerson? Rangers are looking to trade him but not many takers.
    - 7 teams are now interested in acquiring Tejada.
    When a guy is batting in the .230's and apparently been playing through a minor injury I doubt anybody would want him, and that sadly goes for Rangers fans as well.

Here is some of what MLB.com reported regarding Lee and an extension:
    Newly acquired outfielder Carlos Lee, who owns a ranch outside Houston, said he would be more than interested in talking to the Rangers about a contract beyond this season.

Lee said that even before the trade, "They were one of the teams I was looking for if I was going into free agency. I like places like Texas that are a little warm. I wouldn't mind staying here."

Word is he is looking for at least a five-year deal. "That all depends," Lee said with a smile. "Five ... maybe six, maybe seven.

That doesn't really mean much right now but I sure hope they can resign him.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Yeah I really do hope he does get signed because the guy is hitting the ball well here so far. Plus he has a home in Texas so its all good!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast