Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Related Rumors

AAA ERA
    Not much new today for rumors. I have a hunch that Daniels has something big up his sleeve. But then again maybe not.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    I read that the Rangers are one of the teams actively pursuing Carlos Lee. A possible sign that they may not be able to add an impact starting pitcher before the deadline. Daniels still has starting pitching as his #1 priority but there doesn't seem to be much available. The only problem with Lee is that it seems the Brewers would want John Danks and Joaquin Arias. Way too steep a price for Lee if you ask me.

It seems the Giants may not be willing to trade Schmidt since they are battling for the division title so he may be off the market for Texas.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA

Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I read that the Rangers are one of the teams actively pursuing Carlos Lee. A possible sign that they may not be able to add an impact starting pitcher before the deadline. Daniels still has starting pitching as his #1 priority but there doesn't seem to be much available. The only problem with Lee is that it seems the Brewers would want John Danks and Joaquin Arias. Way too steep a price for Lee if you ask me.

It seems the Giants may not be willing to trade Schmidt since they are battling for the division title so he may be off the market for Texas.
    Yeah Ive also read that about Lee but that would be a last minute kind of thing and it would NOT include Danks, If Milwaukee is really desperate and wants to get rid of him we could possibly deal Hurley & Arias for him if they have nothing else on the table. Also John Mayberry Jr has been mentioned, He was struggling in low A ball early in the season but is starting to come around.

And Schmidt I could care less about.
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    I don't really care about Schmidt either. Too old and too expensive, despite how good he is. As little pitching that is available right now the Rangers definately shouldn't give up too much for what is out there now. Especially when you consider that 1 game over .500 is good enough for 1 game out of first place. Trading prospects for a decent pitcher to win a very weak division, then get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, is not a good idea.

Lee would be a pretty nice addition to the lineup though. Not that they are really starved for good hitting OF'ers but they do seem to need a power bat in the lineup. Surprisingly Tex, Blalock, and Mench have not gotten the job done.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Scout.com has published its minor league rankings and has Danks at #20 overall, #6 pitcher. I would think that might rank him with the untouchables. Volquez is also at #27 and #8 among pitchers. http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=243&p=9...&lnid=287&rc=4
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

AAA ERA

Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    Scout.com has published its minor league rankings and has Danks at #20 overall, #6 pitcher. I would think that might rank him with the untouchables. Volquez is also at #27 and #8 among pitchers. http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=243&p=9...&lnid=287&rc=4
    Nice find, Definately an untouchable.

AAA ERA
    Could we get anything for Wilkerson? FOR **** SAKES!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    Could we get anything for Wilkerson? FOR **** SAKES!
    That Soriano deal isn't looking so good anymore.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA

Rangers

That Soriano deal isn't looking so good anymore.
    Never liked it in the first place. Who did we get again? Wilkerson & Sledge?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    Never liked it in the first place. Who did we get again? Wilkerson & Sledge?
    Yep, and then Sledge went to the Padres in that stupid Chris Young/Adrian Gonzalez for Aki/Eaton trade. So basically all we got for Soriano was a "supposed-to-be-good" but turned out horrible hitter.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA

Rangers

Yep, and then Sledge went to the Padres in that stupid Chris Young/Adrian Gonzalez for Aki/Eaton trade. So basically all we got for Soriano was a "supposed-to-be-good" but turned out horrible hitter.
    Gonzalez is really kicking some ass with the Padres this season. We could have used him as a DH.

AA ERA
    I'll slightly defend Whiffy. He admitted earlier in the week that he was debating surgery on his shoulder and decided against it. He's been receiving cortisone shots weekly to dumb down the pain.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    I'll slightly defend Whiffy. He admitted earlier in the week that he was debating surgery on his shoulder and decided against it. He's been receiving cortisone shots weekly to dumb down the pain.

That doesn't change the fact that he is not helping the team right now.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    That doesn't change the fact that he is not helping the team right now.
    I know, but its a reason why. As the Monday Morning QB here, I say he should have gotten that surgery and missed the month or so.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

AAA ERA
    If we could get something for Brian Corey that would be great. Also wouldnt mind trading for Redman if we dont have to give up much, Supposedly the Royals arent asking for much for him. Not a fan of Cory Lidle at all, lets stay away from him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast