Thread: Rangers replace struggling Nevin with Triple-A recall Botts

AA ERA

Rangers Rangers replace struggling Nevin with Triple-A recall Botts

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers called up designated hitter Jason Botts from Triple-A Oklahoma on Tuesday and sent down infielder Drew Meyer.

Botts replaced struggling cleanup hitter Phil Nevin in the lineup for the Rangers' game against the Los Angeles Angels. Botts, the designated hitter, was in the eighth spot.

Nevin went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts in Monday's 3-2 victory against the Angels, and he entered Tuesday hitting .145 in May with 16 strikeouts in 17 games.

Botts was hitting .318 with team highs of 10 home runs and 32 RBIss in Oklahoma.

Nevin was replaced in the No. 4 spot Tuesday by Hank Blalock, who is hitting .327 with eight homers and a team-leading 35 RBIss.

Botts hit .296 in limited time with the Rangers last season. To make room for him, the Rangers sent down Meyer, a former first-round pick who hit .214 in five games. Meyer was hitting .360 at Oklahoma when he was brought up on April 18.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    wow, last I remember Nevin started season off hot...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Giants666 = 777rak's arch-nemesis ?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    wow, last I remember Nevin started season off hot...
    Nevin hit .278 with all 7 HR's and 23 RBI in April. Only batting .145 with no homers and 4 RBI in 17 games in May. With that kind of production in May, his replacement seemed inevitable. I had really hoped Nevin was getting back to his 40 homerun days, or at least 20. I'm looking foward to seeing what Botts can do though.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    After going 0 for 2 the other night, botts looked not bad today he got a double and went 2 for 4.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...